QuickBooks is a widely used software that manages your account and finances efficiently. It comes with numerous features to fulfill your business needs. Just like any other software, you might face some bugs and errors while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 frequently appears when users attempt to open a company file in QuickBooks, indicating a problem with the file. The error can be caused by several factors, including a damaged or corrupted company file, incorrect folder permissions, or a problem with the QuickBooks installation.
In this blog, we will discuss about Error 6000 -77, causes and different solutions to fix the issue instantly.
Reasons of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77 can occur due to the following reasons mentioned below:
- The company file is located on external storage rather than a local drive or any network.
- There is “Incorrect folder permission” which contains a company file.
- The company file is opened with a reference from a mapped drive.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Solution 1- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
First, download & start to run QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 2- Rename both the files as “.ND” &.“TLG” Files
- Open the folder containing company file.
- Search files with the file extensions as “.ND” and.“TLG”
- Now right-click on “.ND/.TLG” and select the rename option. Add the word “.old” once you have added an extension.
- Press Enter.
Solution 3- Configure firewall and security software
- Configure the “Firewall port settings” in an automatic
- Manually configure exceptions for all ports of a firewall.
- Install an “Anti-virus” defender, else properly configure it.
Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Solution 4- Remake the damaged folder
- Create a new folder in the C:\ drive.
- Open the folder where the company file data is stored.
- Locate the “.qbw” file
- Right click on the .qbw file and click “Copy.”
- Create a new folder and paste .qbw file in it.
- Create an “access” so that the client can easily share company files and solve the queries.
- Now open QuickBooks file from the new location.
If you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 77 on your own, talk to our certified experts who provide reliable solutions. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Helpline Number for instant guidance.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.
Searches Related to QB Error 6000 77