QuickBooks Error 6189 816 occurs when you try to open or access QuickBooks company file from a Network Device (QuickBooks Server or Host Computer) in a QuickBooks multi-user setup. Make sure to have QuickBooks file storage Instructions in place about QuickBooks multi-user environment failing that could evidently lead to the QuickBooks Error -6189.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6189 816?
Here is the list of reasons why QuickBooks Error 6189 816 occurs.
- Damaged or missing QuickBooks components or the QuickBooks Company File essentials.
- The company file on a network computer is in use by a program or a process.
- Accessibility issues with the company file or file folder on QuickBooks Host Computer.
- Issues with QuickBooks registry values in Windows Registry.
- Problems with the installed QuickBooks components or the updates.
- Your operating system or QuickBooks Program Files or the company file might have been affected with an undetected malware or virus infection, that could have resulted in QuickBooks Error 6189.
- QuickBooks Installation or Updates might have failed to register in Windows Registry or the Windows Host File.
- Damaged Network Data Source file on the QuickBooks Server or Host Computer.
- Problems with QuickBooks Hosting processes.
- QuickBooks company log files are missing or corrupt and letting QuickBooks communicate with the file showing the QuickBooks Error -6189.
Whatever causes make you incur the QuickBooks Error -6189, there are subsequent solutions to resolve them as well, after you are precisely able to find out the reasons behind QuickBooks Errors or QuickBooks Accounting Issues.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error -6189, -816?
Let’s know about solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6189. Take a look easy step underneath.
- Firstly, close all the programs on the computer you have the QuickBooks 6000 Series Error on and problems opening QuickBooks Company File.
- Shut down the computer and wait for about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Restart the computer and open QuickBooks again and select the company file from the list. Which company file gives error “QuickBooks Error -6189,-816” and don’t open it. The selected file always shows the directory path of the QuickBooks Company File Location underneath. The list box and it must show you the details of the selected company file e.g. File size, date and time it was last opened, etc. if this information is not displaying, it’s a QuickBooks connection issue in addition to the QuickBooks Error -6189 and the QuickBooks File Sharing configuration needs to be repaired.
- Additionally, update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release and restart the program and try opening the file.GET INSTANT RESOLUTIONGet our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call
to resolve your query in no-time.
- Repairing QuickBooks on the can solve most common QuickBooks errors including QuickBooks Error -6189,-816.
- Update QuickBooks on the server, and open the file from the QuickBooks Server.
- Afterwards, scan the QuickBooks file folder in QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the QuickBooks Server Computer.
- Company files stored on removable disks then QuickBooks 6000 series errors can also a byproduct. (Thumb drives or external hard drive).
- Intuit recommends not to store files in the local folders related to any File Sharing Services or Cloud storage applications like Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. QuickBooks Desktop Cloud Hosting or QuickBooks Online is always a better option if you have the necessity to access your data from other locations or devices. Attempting to open the company files stored in local folders of the Sharing and Cloud Services. While they are in sync with other applications. That causes conflict resulting in QuickBooks Error 6189 816 and other QuickBooks Desktop Issues
- Allow full access permissions to QuickBooks, Processes and Data Access.
- Try to open QuickBooks Sample Company File locally and then from the QuickBooks Server too to verify that the QuickBooks Error 6189 still comes.
What if QuickBooks Error 6189 is still not fixed with the steps above?
Your time and efforts are highly appreciated having tried to resolve QuickBooks Error -6189, -816 at your own as per the steps recommended. You may have ended up disappointed if the issue still prevails despite all endeavors. Nevertheless, you have an everlasting option to reach out to QuickBooks Customer Support. Get your QuickBooks Connectivity Issues to your Hosted QuickBooks Company Files resolved instantly by Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.