QuickBooks is a customer-oriented software and provides many integrated tools so that the efficiency of the performance improves rapidly. However, there are some bugs and errors which arise in the process that the users should be aware of.
One such error is QuickBooks Error OL 203. This error occurs while setting up online banking in QuickBooks Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Error OL 203
There may a variety of reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks OL-203 error.
- Your bank or financial institution may have modified their service offerings.
- Your bank or financial institution may have altered their name
- The bank account that you are using in online banking in QuickBooks might be inactive.
- Your bank’s or financial institution’s server may be down.
- Your internet connection is causing the problem.
- The download format or the import format is causing the problem.
- QuickBooks is not updated.
- QuickBooks Files is causing the problem.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error OL 203
There are many ways to fix QuickBooks Error OL 203. Some of the solutions are as follows:
1. Create a New Test Company File
This solution helps you in figuring out whether it is your banking institution that is causing the problem or their servers.
- Go to QuickBooks File menu and select New Company.
- Go to Express Start.
- Now, add the bank account going through the problems and set it up for bank feeds.
- Once this is done, go on downloading Bank Feed Transactions to test whether it was the bank account creating the error.
- If you obtain the same error message again, then it was your bank creating the problem. But in case, you do not receive the same error message, it was not your bank creating the error.
Also Read: How to Speed up QuickBooks Performance?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
2. Enable TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
Before you implement this solution, make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Go to Internet Explorer and open it.
- Click on the Gear icon that appears on the top right section.
- Open the Advanced Tab by going to Internet options.
- Scroll down until you find the Security part.
- Uncheck the box near USE TLS and do the vice versa in case of using TLS 1.2
- Click on apply and OK.
- Close all the programs that are running and reboot your computer.
3. Deactivate All the Accounts that are using Online Services
This process may take a while if you have a huge number of accounts using online banking services. This solution helps you in figuring out which account it is, that is creating the problem.
- Go the QuickBooks Charts of Accounts and select the Include inactive option that appears at the bottom of the window.
- Deactivate the Bank Feeds for an inactive account.
- Close the file and then re-open it.
- Now, set up each account for Bank Feeds again.
4. After that create a New account and Merge it
5. Run account setup with the Ctrl key pressed
5. Contact your Bank or Financial Institution
In case you are unable to deactivate the Bank Feeds for any account, quickly contact at QuickBooks Error Support Number.
In case you would like advice from other business owners, Feel free to visit our QuickBooks Community. You should be able to find all the answers to your questions there. If you do not, then please post the question there, and we’ll make sure it’s answered within 5-7 days.