QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 is a common error undergone by QuickBooks Payroll users. This error displays in QuickBooks payroll very often as numerous reasons can trigger this error in the application, once you face this error it will not let you update your payroll to the latest tax table.
Reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
- When the payroll subscription is expired or invalid.
- Multiple payroll agreements are active with an inactive direct deposit agreement.
- When the QuickBooks application file Paysub.ini is corrupt or damaged.
- When the QuickBooks company file has been damaged.
- In the case of your QuickBooks application or the supporting windows, components are not updated.
- The Service key that you are using is not correct.
- If your company file’s PSID is not correct.
- If the Windows you are using does not support the version of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Invalid EIN Number is also a reason for this error to occur.
The QuickBooks error PS036 in QuickBooks Payroll can occur due to multiple reasons but the major issue for QB error PS036 is inactive payroll subscription.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
QuickBooks Error code PS036 can be resolved by the below-given troubleshooting steps,
Step 1: Check for the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription:
- Download and install the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop application and the Tax Table release.
- Open the QuickBooks and log in to your Payroll Service Account.
- Go to Employee, My Payroll Services and Account or Billing Information.
- Type your login credentials and choose Sign In.
- Then restart your PC and once again download the updates.
- Now, open the QuickBooks application and verify whether your issue has fixed.
If you are attempting to deposit, direct paychecks for the company, do not perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned below in this article.
Step 2: Rename Paysub.ini file
- ini is a hidden file on windows, to see this file initially we need to change the settings of windows folder options.
- Select My Computer and click Organize.
- Click the Folder and Search Option and then select the View tab.
- Now, click Hidden Files and Folders and select Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers option.
- Select Apply and click OK.
- Go back to My Computer and in the search bar at the top find the Paystub.
- Once you see the Paysub.ini file right-click on it and select Rename.
- Now, rename the file extension as .old from .ini .
- Repeat the same steps for all the Paystub files found.
These are the two procedures to rectify the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036, and if you found this troubleshooting steps to be confusing or you want an expert to guide you fix this error, you may call our QuickBooks Error Support Number.
QuickBooks is the leading accounting software and is providing all-around services without failing. You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.