Every time after installing Quickbooks on your desktop it is mandatory to register or activate the software. While activating your QuickBooks Desktop, a message appears on the screen asking you to set up your Intuit account. You can link your existing account information directly to the software by logging into your Intuit account. It is important to take note of the fact that if you have more than one copy of QuickBooks Desktop in your computer, you will need to individually activate or register QuickBooks Desktop.
Register QuickBooks Desktop on 2016 or Newer Versions
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your computer and then press the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Go to the ‘Product Information’ window and on the right side of the license number lookout for the registration status.
- If it says ‘Activated’ then you are all set to continue with your work on QuickBooks Desktop.
- If it says ‘Not Activated’ follow the following steps:
- First and foremost close to the ‘Product Information’ window by clicking on ‘Ok’.
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ menu and then activate QuickBooks from there by selecting ‘Activate Quickbooks’ (for 2016 edition it will show ‘Register QuickBooks instead of ‘Activate QuickBooks’)
- Follow the prompts that will appear on the screen to verify your information and complete the activation process.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
For QuickBooks Older Versions
It is seen that discontinued products of an older version cannot be registered for the first time now. However, you can re-register discontinued products of an older version if you had registered it before and are just reinstalling it this time.
Activating QuickBooks Desktop with Intuit account to link existing account information
While activating QuickBooks Desktop, the activation screen provides you with an option to either activate using an existing Intuit account or to create a new one. In case you do not have a pre-existing Intuit account, fill out all the required information in the appropriate sections and complete the activation process. It is important to note that the phone number and the ZIP code on the registration form gets pre-filled automatically based on the company file that is open.
If you already have an Intuit account just enter your credentials to begin the activation process. In case you have forgotten your user ID and password carry out the following steps to retrieve them:
- Navigate to https://www.quickbooks.com/account and click on the ‘I forgot my user ID or password’ link.
- Enter the appropriate information, like your registered phone number, email ID or user ID.
- You will receive a code, enter it when asked for.
- Reset your password when your user ID reflects.
- Now log in to your Intuit account using the new credentials.
If by any chance you are unable to register on your own, are facing any kind of problem or have any queries regarding QuickBooks do not hesitate to contact QuickBooks tech support team for expert advice on your issue. You can reach them at QuickBooks Support Phone Number (toll-free).
If You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.