TurboTax is famous tax preparation software that permits you to downgrade TurboTax for free. Because of having advanced features, it has gained popularity among its users and become a great tax filing software. You can avail of various versions such as Deluxe, premier, and home and business depend on the user’s requirements. You must know that the TurboTax Deluxe version is not free, and you have to pay a fixed amount to avail of all the features of TurboTax. Here, we are writing down the process of ‘How to downgrade TurboTax‘ and the reasons behind doing the same. Well, the perfect method to downgrade is to Clear and Start Over the software.
Below, we are providing you with a price list of all versions of TurboTax so that it will be convenient for you to choose the version accordingly. You are allowed to downgrade any of the TurboTax version from premier to Deluxe or free edition, so on. It is up to you which version you want to install on your system.
What is the Need to Downgrade TurboTax?
As we know, there might be chances of getting the wrong version of TurboTax software. In such a scenario, you might be thinking to switch the current version to another. This happens because of not having complete information regarding versions of TurboTax software.
Let’s suppose you are interested to buy a premium version and ended up buying the deluxe one, it may affect your business. But, you don’t need to get worried as we are concluding everything about ‘How to downgrade TurboTax?’ in the following post.
Well, the perfect way to downgrade the TurboTax software is to clear and start over to downgrade it. Or, you may go through the following post to know more steps to downgrade TurboTax.
How to Downgrade TurboTax?
Before applying the steps to downgrade the software, make sure that you have all the required information including tax information with you. Now, you may proceed and apply the underneath steps for downgrading TurboTax Online for free.
First of all, log in to the TurboTax account and choose the My Account option.
After that, choose the Clear and Start Over option.
Finally, you will get back to the starting of the tax return where you can enter 2020 tax year data.
Also Read: How to use TurboTax? – A Comprehensive Guide
What If you want to downgrade TurboTax 2021?
In this case, you can contact the reseller if the software has been purchased from any e-commerce site & ask for a replacement. If you have purchased the software from any IT software shop, ask for a replacement.
Steps to downgrade TurboTax 2019.
First of all, access TurboTax and log in to the account by using Admin.
And then, choose Tax Tools from the left navigation pane.
Choose the Tools option and a tools center box will appear on the screen.
Finally, click on the My Fees box.
And if, you want to downgrade TurboTax 2018, use the Clear & Start Over procedure to do the same.
How to Downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe?
Well, the aforementioned steps will help you to downgrade the software for any version. And if you are looking for the steps to downgrade TurboTax from Deluxe to Plus TurboTax, you can follow the underneath steps.
Firstly, launch TurboTax on the PC and choose My Account.
Choose the Clear & Start Over option and it will bring you back to the starting of your return.
Here, you need to re-enter all the required details. This will help you in downgrading TurboTax.
Steps to Downgrade TurboTax to Basic Version via Mobile App
- Firstly, you need to log out of the TurboTax account on your mobile by choosing the menu option.
- After that, open a web browser and log in to the turbotax.com
- Now, go to the menu option and choose the Tax Tools option.
- Click on the Clear & Start Over option and a confirmation window will pop up on the screen. Choose Yes.
- And then, choose the Logout option present at the bottom of the left-hand panel.
- Finally, log in to the TurboTax mobile app.
The Exceptional Way to Downgrade TurboTax Software
If none of the aforementioned methods helped you in downgrading the software, you can uninstall the current one and replace it with another by installing the required one. The steps have been listed below to perform the same.
- The initial step is to launch the Control Panel.
- And then, choose the Uninstall a program link under the Programs tab.
- Now, choose the current TurboTax version that you need to delete or uninstall on the Programs and Feature window.
- Finally, choose the Uninstall option and follow the ongoing instructions.
If you are getting stuck in any issues while removing the Premium services bundle, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The first step is to Log in to the TurboTax account and launch your return.
- After that, choose the File and continue on the Well Done screen.
- Click on the Start next to Step 1 option and review your order.
- Next, choose Revisit if you can’t perform the above steps.
- Select Remove when the order summary appears.
- Finally, click on the Pay with a credit card option.
Ending the Article!
Assumingly, the aforementioned blog has assisted you well while applying the steps of ‘How to downgrade TurboTax?’ You must keep in mind that once you have to upgrade TurboTax software, there will be no technique to downgrade it. In such a case, you need to create a new return and select the lesser version or select any version to prepare all returns. If you have any doubts regarding TurboTax software, quickly get in touch with our certified professionals. We, at QASolved, are ready to assist you whatever the situation is. You just need to give us a ring to get immediate support.
A: The TurboTax software has been designed for guiding its users regarding tax returns in detail. Also, it is available for both federal and state income tax returns. Taxpayers can get additional support from this software for filing their tax returns.
A: Yes. We ensure you that you have to pay nothing to get TurboTax software. Also, filing simple federal and state taxes is free of cost.
A: Here, we are listing down all versions of TurboTax software along with their prices and purposes.
Versions Designed for Price
Deluxe Who are interested in deducting charitable or medical expenses 79.99
Premier Who have rental income or sold investments 109.99
Home & Business For small business owners 119.99
A: The following list consists of all the steps that can help you in starting over on TurboTax.
1. First of all, run the Web Browser and sign in to the TurboTax software.com
2. After that, choose open or continue your return.
3. Click on the menu present on the left side and then select Tax Tools.
4. Now, click on Clear and start over.
5. Finally, select Yes when the confirmation screen appears.
A: Follow these steps to update your TurboTax software.
1. Firstly, choose the TurboTax menu.
2. After that, click on Check for Updates.
3. You need to pause while the program is downloading and the latest updates are getting installed on the system.
4. Finally, accept all the instructions popping up on the screen.
A: The only way to neglect TurboTax updates is to turn off the internet while launching the program. Well, it is recommended to update the program so that it will not affect your return. You should know that you can’t access e-file without updating TurboTax.
A: Intuit recommends the premium edition of the TurboTax software which includes all features of Deluxe plus more tools to resolve investments and rental property. Or, you can go with the self-employed version if you are thinking to start a small business.
A: TurboTax software is only supported for 4 years so if you want to install one of the old programs, you can’t update it or avail of the state program. The perfect idea is to keep a PDF with worksheets and the. taxfile every year.
A: Inappropriately, you can’t use an older version of TurboTax to file the latest year’s taxes. Each year needs its version.
A: You can go through the following steps to delete old programs of TurboTax.
1. First of all, shut down TurboTax.
2. Now, choose the Windows Taskbar and click on the Start option.
3. After that, choose Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
4. Click on the TurboTax version that needs to be removed and select the Uninstall option.