Quickbooks Desktop is accounting software that provides its users with a hassle-free running of payroll. It automatically calculates and runs payroll as often as you need. But often you face some errors while downloading your payroll updates. Quickbooks error 15102 is one of them. QuickBooks Basic Payroll, QuickBooks Standard Payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll or QuickBooks Assisted Payroll calculates each employee’s gross pay, the net pay. It keeps track of all your tax liabilities so that you don’t miss out on them.
Here we will be discussing the most ideal solution for fixing QuickBooks Error 15102 which you may encounter while downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15102
- When the specified download link is invalid and the shared download option is turned on.
- Another possible reason is that maybe you are running QuickBooks in terminal services environment in multi-user mode
- You aren’t using the latest version of the software.
- If you aren’t running the application as an administrator or logged in as windows administrator.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15102
Method 1: Switch to single user mode
As the company file can be accessed by only one person, it is necessary to switch to single user mode if you are using multi-user mode. So to do this, In QuickBooks, Go to the file menu and then click on single user mode.
Method 2: Confirm the mapped file location is accurate.
- Press F2. This will open the product info window. Then once you find the mapped location path and jot it down.
- Now Go to the Help Menu & click on Update QuickBooks.
- Next to authenticate that the info in download location is accurate click on the Options tab.
- If the shared download is set to YES then the drive in Download Location has to be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window.
- If the shared download is set to NO then the directory in Download Location has to be the same as QuickBooks Desktop installation directory.
- You have to change the state of location if the location has been as incorrect.
- Replace YES with NO if YES is selected for shared download and then click save.
- Replace NO with YES If NO is selected for shared download and then click save.
- Now click close
- Now download the latest tax table once again.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
Method 3: Remap the drive to a new letter, in case of the accurate download location
- Firstly you have to Close QuickBooks company file.
- Now Map your drive to a new Drive Letter
- By going to the mapped drive, Open the Company File.
- Select Help and then click on Update Quickbooks.
- After that click on the Options tab.
- Now Turn Off shared download with the help of options tab and then Turn it ON again.
- Check and confirm that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Now select Save.
- After that close the application.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator
- Go to QuickBooks icon and right click on it.
- After that click on “Run As Administrator” option.
- Select Continue when the User account control (UAC) prompts to run the application.
- Now simply reset QuickBooks updates.
Still getting QuickBooks Error 15102, quickly get in touch with our QuickBooks Error Support Number and speak to technical experts to fix the issue without a minute delay.
Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community Forum.