A user might encounter QuickBooks Error 6150 is one such error where you find that you are not able to open the “Company file” the screen displays the error messages “Error 6150 and 1006”. The first step here should be to detect the cause and then look for the solution to solve QuickBooks Error Code 6150.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6150 Occur?
Here are the few reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 6150
- “QBW” or company file is damaged. You need to create a “Portable backup file.”
- A damaged or corrupt QuickBooks installation
- You are trying to open a portable file (.qbm) without opening QuickBooks.
- A changed or wrongly typed extension for the QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save “QuickBooks Macintosh file” while using QuickBooks for Windows.
- The company file is infected with the virus.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150
- In case the “Quickbooks Error 6150 and 1006” message is linked to a “file-extension” of the company file, then you need to consider changing the “File extension” and saving the company file with a correct extension.
- Ensure and verify that the “QuickBooks company file” is opening on another computer.
- Then, try to re-install QuickBooks, if the file is not up-to-date,
- After that, you need to save “QB for Macintosh in the Mac system & not in the Windows-based system & vice versa)
- Update with a good anti-virus before opening up the “company file.”
The above steps might be enough to solve the errors; however, in many cases, they might not be sufficient enough. Try the below-given methods for addressing the issue.
You May Also Read: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -816 [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
Method 1- You require to Restore from the Backup
If the above-provided way was futile in solving QuickBooks Error Codes 6150, then the next best step is to restore the “Company file” from backup. Let’s look at the steps for the same
- Firstly, navigate to QuickBooks
- Next, click File
- Then select “Open or Restore Company”
- Afterward, choose “Restore a backup copy” & click “
- Select “local backup” & click “
- Choose the location of “ company file backup” from the “Look-In” drop-down list
- Click “the backup” and it should be available with a “.qbb extension“
- Now, press “Open” and then “Click “
- Go to the “Save in” drop-down window & browse to the desired location to restore the backup file.
- In the “File-name” field- type/enter a “new company ”
- And check that the “save as filed” should have been automatically saved to restore the file in “.qbw” format.
- Select “Yes”
- Finally, type “Yes” to confirm the overwrite process.
Limitation of the “Backup restore.”
- In many cases, users fail to create a backup file of their “Company file” due to ignorance, or they think they are unnecessary
- The most current / latest up-to-date backup is not available.
- The “Backup restoring” has not provided sufficient results.
Method 2- Create a “New QuickBooks Desktop file” from the beginning.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the “No company open window” and make a new company.
- Navigate to QuickBooks Setup Window & enter the required info.
- Choose “create a company”
- Start with creating customers, the COA & services, etc.
Limitations of “Creating the New QuickBooks Desktop file from the beginning.”
- Cannot access the “Old data.”
- In the absence of the “Old data,” most of the info is incorrect.
- You cannot share the “Desktop file” over the network.
Method 3- Get back the lost data via the “QuickBooks Auto-recovery” method.
- You need to re-make the lost transactions by using the current “Transaction Log file” & a copy of the company file.
- Re-make/ recreate the complete data except for the last hours of the transactions by using the company file and transaction log file.
Limitations of recovery through “QB Auto Recovery.”
- QuickBooks auto recovery is not feasible with QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier & QuickBooks Enterprise.
- It is not available with the “Accountant ”
- There lies a file-size limit ( confined to 1.5 GB only)
- QB Desktop needs to be updated with the latest version.
Last but not least, hopefully, you must have got enough knowledge to fix QuickBooks Error 6150 with the help of this article. Furthermore, if the error problem still doesn’t resolve by you, then call at QuickBooks Customer Help Desk Number and talk to the team of tech experts. They will help you surely in fixing an error immediately.