QuickBooks Error H505 is a multi-user mode error that occurs when your QuickBooks Company File needs some additional configuration. The Error is a part of Series Errors that are – 6000, H101, H202, H303, and H505 which are related to Hosting Settings.
Error Name – QuickBooks Error H505
Comes on – Windows XP, 7,8, Vista
Error Description – QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
QuickBooks Error H505 happens if there is any issue related to Multi-user hosting set up. Hence the error occurs when the user tries to access the company file which is on another computer which lacked proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. This leads to QuickBooks Error code H505.
Several other reasons can cause QuickBooks Error H505. These are given below:
Below listed are some common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505:
Below given are some recommended solutions that can resolve QB error H505 easily.
Make a new Company File Folder
Open Network Ports that QuickBooks uses to transmit knowledge
1. Go to the Windows Firewall Settings, and right-click on Windows Option to click on the instrument panel. Now type ‘Firewall’ in the search bar, and press Enter. Click Windows Firewall and press Advanced Settings option.
2. Go to the left and right-click ‘Outbound Rules,’ and select ‘New Rule.’
3. Press on Ports and press Next
4. Click TCP, and in the specific local ports enter the following ports:
5. Click Next and select ‘Allow the Connection’ option
6. Click Next to type-in name in the name field, and press Finish
7. Repeat steps 1-5 for the inbound rules
8. Now go to the multi-user mode again and open QuickBooks
Thanks for reading this blog. You are well aware and understand the requirements to rectify QuickBooks Error H505 in a multi-user setup. If there is any issue related to understanding the above content, then you can speak to an expert at QuickBooks Tech Support Desk number 1-877-263-2742 (Toll-Free).
Related Topic: Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Looking for help? Talk to one of our experts to quickly resolve your QuickBooks problem!