QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when you try to open a company file which is not situated on your computer. It can also appear when QuickBooks Company File needs some additional configuration. The Error is a part of Series Errors that are – 6000, H101, H202, H303, and H505 which are related to Hosting Settings.
Error Name – QuickBooks Error H505
Comes on – Windows XP, 7,8, Vista
Error Description – QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
QuickBooks Error H505 happens if there is any issue related to Multi-user hosting set up. Hence the error occurs when the user tries to access the company file which is on another computer which lacked proper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. This leads to QuickBooks Error code H505.
Below listed are some common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505:
These error messages can occur during program installation, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Also Read: How to Access QuickBooks Remotely
Below given are some recommended solutions that can resolve error H505 easily.
1. Go to the Windows Firewall Settings, and right-click on Windows Option to click on the instrument panel. Now type ‘Firewall’ in the search bar, and press Enter. Click Windows Firewall and press Advanced Settings option.
2. Go to the left and right-click ‘Outbound Rules,’ and select ‘New Rule.’
3. Press on Ports and press Next
4. Click TCP, and in the specific local ports enter the following ports:
5. Click Next and select ‘Allow the Connection’ option
6. Click Next to type-in name in the name field, and press Finish
7. Repeat steps 1-5 for the inbound rules
8. Now go to the multi-user mode again and open QuickBooks
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Once the services list is open, follow the commands given below:
The services will initiate now without any interruptions. But you may get the following error if you click on Start:
“Windows could not start the QuickbooksDBXX service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
If you receive this message then follow the points given below:
Next, edit the Windows Hosts file:
Thanks for reading this blog. You are well aware and understand the requirements to rectify QuickBooks Error H505 in a multi-user setup. If there is any issue related to understanding the above content, then you can speak to an expert at QuickBooks Tech Support Desk Number 1-877-263-2742 (Toll-Free).
Looking for help? Talk to one of our experts to quickly resolve your QuickBooks problem!