QuickBooks for Mac 2019 is being discontinued and the Mac users will be supported only till May 31, 2022. Intuit conveyed that this is the last version of the product available.
For current Mac users, the alternative is QuickBooks Online that comes in three versions i.e. Simple Start, Essentials & Plus options. QB Online is a great option and great accounting tool with anytime-anywhere access available.
QuickBooks for Mac discontinued
QuickBooks Online is functional on Mac/windows and PC devices, and Accounting Therapy is now presenting a free standard conversion to QuickBooks Online for any current Mac users interested in upgrading to QuickBooks Online.
New generation QuickBooks Online is here which is suitable for all your business needs and make your accounting easy. It’s probably the easiest way to handle your entire business and you save both time and endeavor. Wherever you go, it’s easy to keep track of your sales and expenses, accept payments, pay your employees etc. All the work that you do in QBO is synced between your desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet. Hence, this makes you stay newfangled in your professional life.
What will happen if I do not Migrate from QuickBooks for Mac?
If you continue to work on QuickBooks for Mac, there can be several consequences to it. Let’s see what you might face after May 31, 2019
- Tech support – The technical support will discontinue after May 31, 2019, and you will be no longer able to contact Intuit for any QuickBooks Desktop for Mac assistance. However, if you navigate to QuickBooks Online the tech support is readily available.
- Intuit payments – You will not be able to process credit card payments from customers through QuickBooks Mac Software after May 31, 2019. The alternative is to link your Intuit payments account to the QuickBooks Online account.
- Payroll services – After May 31, 2019, the payroll functions will also be disabled and you will not be able to process payroll via QuickBooks Mac. Navigate to QuickBooks Online and select one of the Payroll services for payroll processing.
QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based financial software. It’s invented for small, medium and growing businesses to slash the time that you spend on managing your business finances by helping you with tasks such as:
- Creating and managing estimates and invoices
- Tracking your sales and cash flow
- Handling the details of your customers and suppliers
- Tracking your tax and making tax return much easier
- Cognizance your company’s performance
- Planning and budgeting of your company
Also Read: How to Setup QuickBooks Desktop on Mac using Parallels?
As far as QuickBooks online is concerned there is no need of using any other software. You can access QuickBooks from any internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari on any computer, be it a Windows PC or Apple Mac or even a web-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet.
Features which makes your accounting easy
QuickBooks Online is accessible on the internet from anywhere. You can also access key features from any smartphone or tablet. With QB Online you can:
- Track your income and expenses and see how much money you are making
- Send and track your invoices
- Downloading bank and credit card transactions and manage them
- Print checks and record transactions in your QuickBooks
- Import data from MS Excel or QuickBooks Desktop
- Your Data is Automatically backed up
- Strapping security measures so that only you can access your data
- Accessing your data from a smartphone or tablet
- Taking snapshots of receipts so that you are ready at the time of tax filing
- You can invite up to two accountants to access your data
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Online
- Operating system: Windows 7 (x86/x64) or later, Apple Mac 10.5 or later, Apple iOS 7 or later and Android.
- A high-speed internet connection (Wireless or Ethernet/LAN).
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
- QuickBooks online edition mobile application works with Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Google Android, and Tablets. However, not all features are available on mobile devices.
For professional support & help, Instantly get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Phone Number available toll-free, and speak to a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.