Nowadays, filing taxes online becomes faster, easier, and more affordable each year with the help of various tax software available in the market. One such tax software ‘TurboTax’ that is the most popular tax-preparation software across the globe. However, you might not be liking filing taxes with TurboTax if you are looking for a low-cost option. Well, in the following post, we are going to explain the procedure of TurboTax upgrade from Free File to Premier, or Premier to TurboTax Online.
Here’s a look at the steps of how to upgrade TurboTax from the lowest version to higher. If you find any issues while applying the steps, get in touch with our team.
How to Upgrade TurboTax?
TurboTax does a great job when it comes to satisfying your requirement during the tax seasons. However, not everyone can afford to buy TurboTax to file their taxes and may be satisfied with cheaper options. Let’s have a look at the steps for TurboTax upgrades accordingly.
Upgrading from TurboTax Free File to TurboTax Premier
Well, you can’t upgrade TurboTax Free File to any other version. If you want to use regular TurboTax, replace the current account for Free File with a new account.
Steps to Upgrade TurboTax for Windows Software
Before upgrading TurboTax software, you must keep in mind that the upgrading procedure is a one-way street that means you can’t downgrade TurboTax back to the original version.
If you are also interested to upgrade your TurboTax for Windows software, follow the underneath steps.
- First of all, open your return in TurboTax and choose Upgrade TurboTax.
- Secondly, choose the version that needs to be upgraded in the new window.
- After that, follow the ongoing prompts to buy the upgrade.
- Finally, you need to continue working on the return without reverting to the starting.
Steps to Upgrade to a Higher Version of TurboTax Online
If you are looking for the steps to upgrade the TurboTax software to a higher version of TurboTax Online, check out the following list. We have included all the steps to upgrade the same to the higher version. If in case, you got stuck in any issues, contact our experts.
- The first step is to sign in to TurboTax and in your return.
- After that, choose the Upgrade option in the menu. If you are unable to find the option, choose the menu icon present in the upper-left corner.
- Next, you need to choose the version that needs to be upgraded.
- You will be asked to pay in case of printing or e-filing your taxes. Or, you can also prepay by following the steps mentioned below.
- Initially, choose the File and click on the Start or Revisit option under the Review your order.
- After that, select View payment options when the summary of your order displays on the screen.
- Next, click on Pay with Credit Card when you see the How you would like to pay for TurboTax pop up on the screen.
- Give the credit card information and press Continue.
- Finally, go to Tax Home to run the upgraded features.
Come to the End!
Hopefully, the post has proved to be worthy for you while understanding ‘TurboTax upgrade?’ Some users of TurboTax feel the advanced features provided by TurboTax are not what they need right now. As the things would be manageable even if some features and functionalities will not be there. Just in case, you are facing trouble while applying the steps to upgrade TurboTax and looking for assistance, get in touch with our professionals at QASolved. We will try to provide you with immediate assistance.