QuickBooks is a powerful platform to establish and showcase your business in a professional, organized and customer savvy manner. It is a reliable software and is now very popular software with innovative features.
Though sometimes some issues or errors might come up that can make a great deal of annoyance while you are in the middle of important work. One such problem is “QuickBooks Desktop not opening”. You can correct the problem with below-given solutions.
Reasons that lead to when QuickBooks Desktop does not start error
Several factors lead to “QB Desktop is not responding”. However, the problem arises when any application related to accounting software is already opened in the background. It is recommended to end the process and restart again.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop does not start error
You can perform the below solutions to rectify the problem:
“Close all processes that are running in the background.”
- Go to “Windows taskbar “and select the “start the task manager” option
- Select the “processes tab” and click “name” option after that to sort all visible processes in alphabetical
- Click “qbw32.exe” and select “end process “ to close the background process.
Check & verify whether QuickBooks is working properly
- Navigate to “QuickBooks Desktop” icon.
- Do a right click after a long press of the “Ctrl” key
- Then click the open tab
- Now access the “company ”
Things to remember- It is essential to know that the “ctrl” key should not be left until you view a “no company open screen.” Provide some time to QuickBooks to recover and function properly. Over-clicking an icon at times can also lead to software not opening issues.
Additionally, to the above-provided solutions, the issue can be resolved by using “QB Install program,” “repairing software installation process” & “performing a clean installation and re-installation.”
Let’s learn on the procedure to “Run QBInstall.”
QBInstall is a specially designed diagnostic tool that is useful to solve a wide range of issues and errors that occur while working on QuickBooks Desktop. You can download and install the “QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool” with the help of below-given steps.
- Download the “QBInstall tool” and save “.exe file” on the local desktop.
- Now run the tool once all the programs in the background have been shut down.
- The step will take nearly 20 mins or so for a successful installation ( the time depends on the internet speed and system performance as well).
- Now you will “Run” the too and ensure that all components have been carefully updated.
- Lastly, restart the computer
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
A clean installation is that process that involves the installation of all the files in the new folders having the same location as the default folder. If every solution fails, then you can attempt a clean installation & re-installation of the QB Desktop.
Alternatively, you can perform the below-given method to manage the problem.
You need to restart the system where the QuickBooks is “hosted.” At several times it is seen that some minor issues get sorted after restarting the system.
If the above solutions have not been of any help, you need to speak to an expert on it. The technical issues can be complicated and time-consuming to solve. An expert would advise on the right method to sort this. Call at QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number.