QuickBooks Error 15104 occurs if there is a damaged Windows registry entry or if there is a damaged QuickBooks update. There is some information the user would like to go through to know about QuickBooks Error Code 15104 in general and to fix it for once and all:
If the user is using multi-user mode, then it is better to change it to single-user mode. Ensure that the mapped file location is correct.
- Press the key Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information Window.
- Select Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click and select the Options tab and make sure the information in download location is correct.
The drive that appears in the Product Information window and if Shared Download is set to ‘Yes’ should be the exact same as the drive in the download location.
Ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory must be the same as the directory that is in the download location when the shared download is set as ‘No’.
If the user is using Window Vista, then run QuickBooks Desktop as an Administrator. Click the right mouse button on the QuickBooks icon >> Run as Administrator. Select and click on continue when the system prompts to run this application. After that reset QuickBooks updates.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15104
Windows registry errors are the primary cause of QuickBooks Error 15104. There are a few workarounds for this to be resolved right away.
Step 1: Performing a System Restore
- Open a System restore the window.
- Select a Restore Point.
- Click on the option that says ‘Scan for affected programs’.
- Then click on ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ to start the restore process.
The system restores will not affect any of the user’s personal files.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240?
Step 2: Using a third-party cleaner application
- Download and install a cleaner application on the system.
- Run the cleaner application – This will scan the registry for errors and then attempt to fix them for the user.
- Ensure that your system is backed up and then reboot your computer.
In case the user is still unable to fix QuickBooks Error 15104, immediately contact QuickBooks Error Support Number. (Toll-Free).
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.