We all know, QuickBooks accounting software comes up with various tools, features, and functionalities. However, you may face error codes while working on this software just like other accounting solutions. That’s why Intuit has introduced a tool named QuickBooks file doctor to overcome such technical issues. Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor tool is an exceptional tool that has been designed to fix issues related to QuickBooks software. Now you might be thinking what if you experienced errors while running this tool? In this post, we have given the solutions to deal with the QuickBooks file doctor not working issue. You need to follow these quick solutions to deal with the same error.
Why ‘QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working’ Take Place?
Here we are listing some of the causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue. If you are facing one of the following causes, then you need to resolve it by following the further solutions.
- While accessing the incorporated files, you may face the issue.
- If you were trying to restore or update the company file but failed to do so. This may also lead to the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
- Due to the incomplete installation of the file doctor tool.
- During upgrading the old version of the company files over a network.
- Because of damaged or corrupted files.
Below, you can find out some of the messages that will display when your system is affected by the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
- QuickBooks file doctor .NET framework.
- QB File doctor blank
- The doctor file in use
- QuickBooks file doctor has stopped working
- File doctor check network connectivity grayed out, etc.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Not Working Issue
Have you ever thought about what will happen if you got stuck in an issue while using the file doctor tool? If you are also facing the same issue and unable to get appropriate solutions, then go further and read the whole post. Here, we will be exploring some of the relevant solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
- First of all, open QuickBooks and launch the File option.
- After that, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Now, choose Next.
- And then, select the Local Backup and press Next.
- Choose the Look in the drop-down box and look for the backup file location.
- Click on the backup file having the .QBB extension and press Open.
- Again, choose Next.
- After that, select the location where you want to save the file in the Save drop-down menu.
- Finally, you have to save the file with the extension .QBW
Solution 2: Open QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Manually
- The first step is to access the QuickBooks file doctor and wait until the No Company Open window displays on the screen.
- After that, choose the File menu and select the Utility option.
- Now, click on the Repair File option and select Network Problems.
- Select OK and the file doctor starts the application with the Admin credentials. Now, click on Yes.
- And then, choose the wrench icon to open the file doctor tool. And, press Continue.
- Type the admin credentials to log in to the file. This will initiate the repairing process.
- Next, click on the File Diagnosis Only option under the Advanced Settings.
- Press Next.
- Finally, check whether the issue persists or not.
Solution 3: Turning off Hosting Mode and Configuring Antivirus Software
- Initially, launch MacAfee software and choose Web & Email protection.
- After that, choose the Firewall option and select Ports and System Protection.
- Select the Add option and type eMule in the Services Name.
- Now, open the Local TCP/IP ports and write the TCP data for QuickBooks.
- Next, select all workstations under the Open ports option.
- Finally, choose the Save option and restart the PC.
Solution 4: Utilize Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
The company files have been examined by the auto data recovery tool. You have to restore a backup in the ADR folder to prevent yourself from facing any issue. If you get any error, use the option of auto data recovery the files and restore back to the recent files.
Expectantly, the above-mentioned post has guided you well throughout the procedure of resolving the ‘QuickBooks file doctor not working’ issue. You can apply the aforementioned solutions without the help of a professional. In case, your doubts remain the same or you are looking for some of the effective solutions, then dial our toll-free number to get in touch with our experts at QASolved. All of us are working as a team to provide you instant technical services. We not only help you in resolving the issues related to the file doctor tool but also guide you to get acquainted with the software.