We all know, QuickBooks accounting software comes up with various tools, features, and functionalities. However, you may face error codes while working on this software just like other accounting solutions. That’s why Intuit has introduced a tool named QuickBooks file doctor to overcome such technical issues. Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor tool is an exceptional tool that has been designed to fix issues related to QuickBooks software. Now you might be thinking what if you experienced errors while running this tool? In this post, we have given the solutions to deal with the QuickBooks file doctor not working issue. You need to follow these quick solutions to deal with the same error.
Why ‘QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working’ Take Place?
Here we are listing some of the causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue. If you are facing one of the following causes, then you need to resolve it by following the further solutions.
- While accessing the incorporated files, you may face the issue.
- If you were trying to restore or update the company file but failed to do so. This may also lead to the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
- Due to the incomplete installation of the file doctor tool.
- During upgrading the old version of the company files over a network.
- Because of damaged or corrupted files.
Below, you can find out some of the messages that will display when your system is affected by the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
- QuickBooks file doctor .NET framework.
- QB File doctor blank
- The doctor file in use
- QuickBooks file doctor has stopped working
- File doctor check network connectivity grayed out, etc.
Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Not Working Issue
Have you ever thought about what will happen if you got stuck in an issue while using the file doctor tool? If you are also facing the same issue and unable to get appropriate solutions, then go further and read the whole post. Here, we will be exploring some of the relevant solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks file doctor won’t open issue.
Solution 1: Restore the backup of the corrupted QBW file
- First of all, open QuickBooks and launch the File option.
- After that, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Now, choose Next.
- And then, select the Local Backup and press Next.
- Choose the Look in the drop-down box and look for the backup file location.
- Click on the backup file having the .QBB extension and press Open.
- Again, choose Next.
- After that, select the location where you want to save the file in the Save drop-down menu.
- Finally, you have to save the file with the extension *.QBW
Solution 2: Open QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Manually
- The first step is to access the QuickBooks file doctor and wait until the No Company Open window displays on the screen.
- After that, choose the File menu and select the Utility option.
- Now, click on the Repair File option and select Network Problems.
- Select OK and the file doctor starts the application with the Admin credentials. Now, click on Yes.
- And then, choose the wrench icon to open the file doctor tool. And, press Continue.
- Type the admin credentials to log in to the file. This will initiate the repairing process.
- Next, click on the File Diagnosis Only option under the Advanced Settings.
- Press Next.
- Finally, check whether the issue persists or not.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 3: Turning off Hosting Mode and Configuring Antivirus Software
- Initially, launch MacAfee software and choose Web & Email protection.
- After that, choose the Firewall option and select Ports and System Protection.
- Select the Add option and type eMule in the Services Name.
- Now, open the Local TCP/IP ports and write the TCP data for QuickBooks.
- Next, select all workstations under the Open ports option.
- Finally, choose the Save option and restart the PC.
Solution 4: Utilize Auto Data Recovery (ADR)
The company files have been examined by the auto data recovery tool. You have to restore a backup in the ADR folder to prevent yourself from facing any issue. If you get any error, use the option of auto data recovery the files and restore back to the recent files.
Expectantly, the above-mentioned post has guided you well throughout the procedure of resolving the ‘QuickBooks file doctor not working’ issue. You can apply the aforementioned solutions without the help of a professional. In case, your doubts remain the same or you are looking for some of the effective solutions, then dial our toll-free number to get in touch with our experts at QASolved. All of us are working as a team to provide you instant technical services. We not only help you in resolving the issues related to the file doctor tool but also guide you to get acquainted with the software.
A: QuickBooks File Doctor has been designed by Intuit specifically for resolving the issues persisting in your company files and network connectivity errors. You can download and install this tool via the official website of Intuit.
A: Follow the below-mentioned steps to run the file doctor Tool.
1. First of all, double-click on the Tool Hub to open the doctor tool.
2. Now, select the Company File Issues option.
3. After that, click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. This process may take one minute to be opened.
4. Finally, wait till the process gets completed.
A: The main reason behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks file doctor not working depends on the size of the company file and its location. This shows that the file has been corrupted and you will be required the QBW file to fix this issue.
A: In order to get rid of this error, you have to restore the file doctor tool from the saved folder. After that, update your software to the latest release or open QuickBooks File Doctor manually.
A: You can keep an eye on the underneath steps to troubleshoot the data damage in the QuickBooks Desktop.
1. Firstly, choose the File Menu and click on the Rebuild Data option under Utilities.
2. And then, select OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
3. Now, permit the tool to repair the company file. After that, choose OK.
4. Choose the File Menu and check whether the issue has been fixed.
A: Here, we are listing some of the effective solutions that can be performed to fix the issue related to the file doctor tool.
Solution 1: Reinstallation of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Solution 2: Open the doctor tool manually
Solution 3: Restoring the backup of the corrupted QBW file
A: Below, you can find out the steps of updating the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
1. The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
2. And then, access Quick Fix my File and choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
3. Now, follow the instructions to fix the issue persisting in the software.
4. Finally, click on Update and Backup.
A: Underneath are the steps to install the doctor file by using the tool hub on your system.
Firstly, download the tool hub file and save it on the desktop.
After that, access the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
Finally, follow the ongoing instructions to accept the terms and conditions.
A: QBFD.exe is an executable file that is a part of the QBFC 10.0 program & has been developed by Intuit Inc. The size of this software is about 66.52 MB and .exe represents the file extension name.
A: Below, you can get all error codes that will not let you access the file doctor tool.
1. QuickBooks won’t open
2. QuickBooks File Doctor is not working
3. File doctor stopped working
4. QuickBooks File Doctor Network Connectivity out
5. QB File Doctor in Use, etc.