As it is known, Sage 50 is one of the prominent accounting software that comprises advanced features and the latest functionalities. This makes your accounting-related tasks easier that saves a lot of your time. However, being a software, Sage also displays technical glitches occasionally. Today, we have decided to write on one such error i.e. Sage 50 Connection Manager Error.
Sage 50 a network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager. Let’s find out the possible causes and solutions of the same error in this post.
Causes of Sage 50 Connection Manager Error
Here are some of the probable reasons that might be accountable for the Sage 50 Connection Manager error. Let’s have a look at them.
- When you have not upgraded all installations on the network that stores the data, this may give rise to the Sage connection error.
- Because of the pending updates.
- Due to the corrupted data in the My Documents folder on the system or incorrect settings.
- If you have failed to launch Windows 10 after upgrading it, this may cause manager error.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Pervasive Error?
How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Connection Manager Error?
In order to fix the Connection Manager Error, you are suggested to apply the below-mentioned solutions respectively. And after applying each solution, check whether the issue has been fixed.
Solution 1: Install Windows Updates
- Check whether the latest updates are pending to install or not.
- If you have any pending updates, install them.
- Reboot the system.
Solution 2: Run Sage as an Administrator
- Firstly, make sure if you have any administrator rights.
- Choose the Control Panel and then select User Accounts.
- Now, click on the Windows Start option, then choose All Programs.
- After that, click Sage and right-tap on Sage 50 Connection Manager and access it as an Admin.
- Finally, you will be asked for the username and password.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 3: Reinstallation of the Sage Software
- First of all, you need to uninstall Sage.
- Now, try to install it again by using the Admin credentials. Choose the C:\Sage
- After that, launch the Installer files and go to the launch.exe as an Admin.
- Finally, install the latest updates if any.
Solution 4: Restart the Service
- Initially, choose the Control Panel, then select Administrative Tools.
- Click Services and right-tap on the Sage 50 Database connection manager.
- After that, choose the Properties and select the General tab.
- Now, you need to check the Startup type status for setting it to Automatic.
- Go to the login tab and enter your name and password. And then, choose Apply.
- Again, select the General tab and choose Start to restart the service.
- Lastly, check whether the Sage connection manager error has been fixed.
Assumingly, the post includes all the required solutions that may help you in troubleshooting the Sage 50 connection manager error. But if you are still confronting the issue frequently on the screen even after applying all the troubleshooting solutions, contact us for immediate technical support. We have proficient Sage experts who can easily deal with such errors persisting in your software occasionally.
A: The steps to update the Sage connection manager are as follows.
The first step is to launch the connection manager.
And then, select Update and follow the ongoing prompts.
Go through the License Agreement and choose I Agree to continue.
Finally, choose Install.
A: Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the connection manager.
Choose the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
After that, right-tap on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
Click Stop and again, right-click Sage 50 Connection Manager.
Select the Start option.
If you are getting “The connection manager couldn’t be stopped, attempt to access the company file.
A: Sage 50 Connection Manager helps you in updating the data changes without the requirement of saving the changes manually. Also, Connection Manager Sage 50 assists in controlling requests from Sage 50 software to connect to the data of your company.
A: Right-click on Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and select Properties. Now, you have to change the Startup type to Automatic. Now, choose Apply > Start to start the service.
A: The following steps will help you in uninstalling the Sage connection manager.
First of all, create the data backup onto a USB or other external device.
Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
Locate Sage 50 Accounting Version <year> for uninstalling it.
You have to uninstall both MySQL OBDC connectors.
At last, choose the Windows Explorer, C:\Program Files (x86) and select Documents.
A: Given below are the steps to install the latest updates to Sage 50.
Go to Services, Check for Updates. Click Check Now.
Click Download to download the update.
To start the installation process, select Sage 50 and follow the ongoing instructions.
If the installation prompt does not appear, see Option II
A: Initially, right-tap on Start, then select Programs and Features. Now, choose the Sage 50 application from the list. And then, choose Uninstall.
A: Below-mentioned steps can be followed to upgrade Sage 50 to v26.
Firstly, launch Sage Accounts and then click Help.
Choose Check for Updates and then select Download Now.
Select Install Now only when you’ve already created a backup. Else, choose No.
A: The initial step is to switch the USB to the second PC. Now, copy the Sage Installer folder to C: drive from the USB stick. After that, choose launch.exe to install Sage 50 on another system.
A: The following are the steps to connect the Sage software.
First of all, launch Sage Accounts and enter your serial number along with the activation key.
Now, click Continue, then OK.
Verify the activation key under the My Sage Registration Centre if required.
Now, go to the Active Setup Wizard, select Use an existing company stored.
Finally, choose OK > Next > Connect.