As it is known, Sage 50 is one of the prominent accounting software that comprises advanced features and the latest functionalities. This makes your accounting-related tasks easier that saves a lot of your time. However, being a software, Sage also displays technical glitches occasionally. Today, we have decided to write on one such error i.e. Sage 50 Connection Manager Error.
Sage 50 a network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager. Let’s find out the possible causes and solutions of the same error in this post.
Causes of Sage 50 Connection Manager Error
Here are some of the probable reasons that might be accountable for the Sage 50 Connection Manager error. Let’s have a look at them.
- When you have not upgraded all installations on the network that stores the data, this may give rise to the Sage connection error.
- Because of the pending updates.
- Due to the corrupted data in the My Documents folder on the system or incorrect settings.
- If you have failed to launch Windows 10 after upgrading it, this may cause manager error.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Pervasive Error?
How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Connection Manager Error?
In order to fix the Connection Manager Error, you are suggested to apply the below-mentioned solutions respectively. And after applying each solution, check whether the issue has been fixed.
Solution 1: Install Windows Updates
- Check whether the latest updates are pending to install or not.
- If you have any pending updates, install them.
- Reboot the system.
Solution 2: Run Sage as an Administrator
- Firstly, make sure if you have any administrator rights.
- Choose the Control Panel and then select User Accounts.
- Now, click on the Windows Start option, then choose All Programs.
- After that, click Sage and right-tap on Sage 50 Connection Manager and access it as an Admin.
- Finally, you will be asked for the username and password.
Solution 3: Reinstallation of the Sage Software
- First of all, you need to uninstall Sage.
- Now, try to install it again by using the Admin credentials. Choose the C:\Sage
- After that, launch the Installer files and go to the launch.exe as an Admin.
- Finally, install the latest updates if any.
Solution 4: Restart the Service
- Initially, choose the Control Panel, then select Administrative Tools.
- Click Services and right-tap on the Sage 50 Database connection manager.
- After that, choose the Properties and select the General tab.
- Now, you need to check the Startup type status for setting it to Automatic.
- Go to the login tab and enter your name and password. And then, choose Apply.
- Again, select the General tab and choose Start to restart the service.
- Lastly, check whether the Sage connection manager error has been fixed.
Assumingly, the post includes all the required solutions that may help you in troubleshooting the Sage 50 connection manager error. But if you are still confronting the issue frequently on the screen even after applying all the troubleshooting solutions, contact us for immediate technical support. We have proficient Sage experts who can easily deal with such errors persisting in your software occasionally.