Sage software has been specially introduced for small and medium businesses that can be customized according to your business requirements. It may help you by handling CRM, accounts, business-related tasks, etc. However, you may come across error codes due to numerous reasons while accessing Sage 300. In the following article, we will discuss one such error ‘Sage ACCPAC error 49153’ that can hamper the workflow of your business.
To get a detailed view of error 49153, you have to read the whole post carefully and try to fix the issue manually.
What is Sage ACCPAC Error 49153?
You may come across the 49153 error when you are failed to login into Sage 300 to test the database connection. It indicates that Sage 300 has started but can’t connect to the database. Additionally, you may get the error 49153 while pointing to the wrong server name. Now, it’s time to look into the possible causes behind the error occurrence and find out the relevant solutions.
What Causes Sage ACCPAC Error 49153?
The following is a list consist of all the possible causes that may lead to Sage ACCPAC error 49153.
- Because of an invalid ODBC DSN, you may experience error 49153.
- When the database is offline, an error might appear.
- If the Sage 300 ERP software is blocked by the Windows firewall, error 49153 may take place.
- The DNS is fixing the server name to the incorrect IP address.
Also Read: How to Resolve Sage Error 1712?
How to Fix Sage ACCPAC Error 49153?
Given below are the complete steps to fix ACCPAC error 49153. In case, you face any difficulties while resolving the error, quickly get in touch with our team.
- Firstly, launch a Sage database setup, then click on the Company and System Database Profiles.
- Now, you need to verify the Data Source or Server name, Database Name, and Login ID.
- After that, choose Control Panel and click on Administrative Tools.
- Choose the Data Sources, then launch the 32-bit version of ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Next, access path C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe on 64-bit computers.
- Look for the Data Source name and enter the admin credentials in the SQL Authentication.
- Ensure that all the remaining settings have been set as default.
- Lastly, check the database connectivity from the DSN and reinstall the SQL Native Client Driver.
Alternative Steps to Resolve Sage ACCPAC Error 49153
- Firstly, verify that the SQL Server Service is working and TCPIP Static port is set to default (1433).
- Secondly, check the SQL Server to apply the correct port.
- Now, check the Firewall Configuration is set to TCPIP port and ODBC settings.
- After that, run %WinDir%\system64\odbcad64.exe
- At last, check SQL server DNS configuration.
As we have seen, Sage ACCPAC error 49153 is not much tricky to resolve. Sometimes, this error may get resolved just by checking the database connection or SQL server. If you are still getting the same issue even after applying all the possible solutions, then feel free to contact us. We will assist you in resolving the issues related to Sage so that you can continue working on the company file. If you feel hesitant to talk to our experts, write a forum to us and post it on our website.