How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Pervasive Error?
Sage is one of the most prominent software that includes amazing features and functionalities. However, different error codes may frustrate you while using the Sage software. Sage 50 pervasive error is one of such errors that pops up while accessing the database or Sage 50. This error displays the following message. Sage 50 is failed to connect to Pervasive or its database on the computer/server.
Here, you get to know about the troubleshooting solutions to fix the Sage 50 pervasive error. You need to follow the further instructions carefully to get rid of the same error.
Possible Causes Behind the Occurrence of Sage 50 Pervasive Error
Numerous causes might be accountable for Sage 50 pervasive error. Some of the probable causes behind this issue are as follows.
- Because of the stopped Pervasive service on the server/computer.
- When you are unable to ping the server, this may give rise to pervasive error.
- The incorrect server name in .LOC PVSW file may cause an error.
- When you have set the network server to Public on the server.
- Due to the damaged Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- If you have chosen the wrong data path on the system, then the issue may pop up.
Also Read: How to Resolve Error 1935 When Installing Sage 50? [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Pervasive Error?
The below-mentioned solutions may hamper the settings of your Sage 50 software. We highly recommend to perform the underneath steps under the guidance of a technician. Now, try to resolve the pervasive error in Sage.
Solution 1: Check the WMI
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys altogether on the Desktop.
- Now, enter eventvwr in the search field.
- Click Windows Log and then select the Application.
- If you get the error referencing WMI, quickly contact Sage Professionals.
Solution 2: Correct the Server name in the ~PVSW~.LOC File.
- Initially, choose the data path and then look for the ~PVSW~.LOC File.
- Launch the file in the notepad.
- Now, check the server name if is incorrect, make it correct.
- Finally, verify the program whether the Sage 50 pervasive error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Check the Network Settings on the Workstation/Server
- First of all, choose the Start option and go to the Control Panel.
- Now, click on Network and Sharing Centre.
- Make sure that the network server is not set to public.
Solution 4: Check Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine
- The first step is to press Windows + R keys.
- And then, write MSC in the search field and click OK.
- Right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine to select Stop.
- Again, right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine to choose Start.
- Finally, launch Sage 50 and verify that the error has been fixed.
Here, we have concluded the post regarding Sage 50 pervasive error. In this blog, we have discussed the possible causes behind the error along with its solutions. If for any cause, you are still confronting the same error code again and again and unable to fix it alone, quickly contact QASolved to get instantaneous assistance. We have a team of certified technicians who are always ready to assist you 24/7.
Q1: How to uninstall and reinstall pervasive?
- First of all, close Sage 50 Accounting and press the Windows + R keys.
- Go to the Control Panel and then choose OK.
- Lastly, click on Programs and Features and uninstall the listed version of Actian PSQL v13 Workgroup R2.
Q2: How to restart pervasive Sage 50?
Q3: What are the steps to run pervasive?
- The initial step is to choose the Start Menu and then click on Advanced.
- After that, you need to expand the Programs tree.
- Choose StartUp.
- Select Pervasive .SQL Workgroup Engine or Pervasive.
Q4: How can you unblock the Sage account?
- Firstly, you need to wait till the account gets unlocked automatically.
- Else, try to unlock by resetting the password.
- Create a new My Sage login using a different email address.
Q5: How to force quit Sage 50?
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Alt + Delete altogether to run the Task Manager.
- After that, choose the Processes tab and locate the Peachw.exe file.
- Now, right-tap on Peachw.exe and choose End Process or End Task.
- Finally, check the Sage 50 application has been closed or not.
Q6: How to run the Sage online Payslip?
- Click on My Pay, then choose Payslips.
- Now, select View / Print to view the payslips.
- Choose Back to return to your list of payslips.
Q7: How to disconnect Sage Drive?
- First of all, double-click the Sage Drive Removal Tool shortcut.
- Now, select the company that needs to be removed from the Sage Drive.
- After that, you need to ask all users to log out of the company.
- Finally, select Yes > OK.
Q8: How to uninstall Sage 50 Payroll?
- Firstly, choose the Windows Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Now, double-tap on the Programs and Features option.
- After that, choose Sage 50cloud Payroll and HR Data Synchronization in the change a program or uninstall window.
- Finally, choose Uninstall > Yes > Close.
Q9: How to change my sage ID?
- The initial step is to select Chart of Accounts from the main menu.
- Now, choose the account ID that needs to be changed.
- Choose Change ID on the toolbar.
- Finally, type the new ID and choose OK.
Q10: How to change accounts on Sage 50?
- First of all, choose the Tools menu and then click on For My Accountant.
- Choose Account Information, then select the account that needs to be modified in the Select box.
- Now, you need to choose a Type for the account on the Account tab.
- Finally, select Save and Close.