Sage is one of the most prominent software that includes amazing features and functionalities. However, different error codes may frustrate you while using the Sage software. Sage 50 pervasive error is one of such errors that pops up while accessing the database or Sage 50. This error displays the following message. Sage 50 is failed to connect to Pervasive or its database on the computer/server.
Here, you get to know about the troubleshooting solutions to fix the Sage 50 pervasive error. You need to follow the further instructions carefully to get rid of the same error.
Possible Causes Behind the Occurrence of Sage 50 Pervasive Error
Numerous causes might be accountable for Sage 50 pervasive error. Some of the probable causes behind this issue are as follows.
- Because of the stopped Pervasive service on the server/computer.
- When you are unable to ping the server, this may give rise to pervasive error.
- The incorrect server name in .LOC PVSW file may cause an error.
- When you have set the network server to Public on the server.
- Due to the damaged Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- If you have chosen the wrong data path on the system, then the issue may pop up.
How to Troubleshoot Sage 50 Pervasive Error?
The below-mentioned solutions may hamper the settings of your Sage 50 software. We highly recommend to perform the underneath steps under the guidance of a technician. Now, try to resolve the pervasive error in Sage.
Solution 1: Check the WMI
- Firstly, press the Windows + R keys altogether on the Desktop.
- Now, enter eventvwr in the search field.
- Click Windows Log and then select the Application.
- If you get the error referencing WMI, quickly contact Sage Professionals.
Solution 2: Correct the Server name in the ~PVSW~.LOC File.
- Initially, choose the data path and then look for the ~PVSW~.LOC File.
- Launch the file in the notepad.
- Now, check the server name if is incorrect, make it correct.
- Finally, verify the program whether the Sage 50 pervasive error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Check the Network Settings on the Workstation/Server
- First of all, choose the Start option and go to the Control Panel.
- Now, click on Network and Sharing Centre.
- Make sure that the network server is not set to public.
Solution 4: Check Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine
- The first step is to press Windows + R keys.
- And then, write MSC in the search field and click OK.
- Right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine to select Stop.
- Again, right-click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine to choose Start.
- Finally, launch Sage 50 and verify that the error has been fixed.
Here, we have concluded the post regarding Sage 50 pervasive error. In this blog, we have discussed the possible causes behind the error along with its solutions. If for any cause, you are still confronting the same error code again and again and unable to fix it alone, quickly contact QASolved to get instantaneous assistance. We have a team of certified technicians who are always ready to assist you 24/7.