Sage software comes up with various features and functionalities such as managing income & expenses, invoicing customers professionally, simplifying accounting tasks, customizing invoices, etc. Even after consisting of lots of features, Sage is nowhere back in displaying errors. As we know, activation comes first before using any software available in the market. But, what if the software shows an error during its activation. Today, we will be exploring one such issue that displays at the time of activating Sage 50 i.e. ‘Sage 50 there was a problem activating’.
Further, we have discussed the causes behind the error occurrence. This article includes all the relevant fixes of the Sage 50 activation error.
Causes Behind the Occurrence of ‘Sage 50 There Was a Problem Activating’ Error
Let’s look into the following list consists of all the possible reasons that may give rise to the Sage activation error. If you are experiencing one of the listed causes, quickly try to resolve it to continue working on Sage.
- Because of the incorrect Windows system date, you may face a Sage 50 activation error.
- Due to the blockage of Firewall or Antivirus.
- A damaged or hidden option .DAT may cause an error.
- If the data path files have been damaged, you might get an issue.
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve ‘Sage 50 There Was a Problem Activating’ Error
The following steps can be applied in order to deal with the Sage 50 activation error. If you find any difficulty in applying the following steps, contact us to get immediate support.
- First of all, you need to activate the program on the server.
- And then, disable the firewall and antivirus and ensure that the PC can ping the server PC.
- Next, verify if both of the computers have the same version by following the steps written below.
- If any of the computers is using a different version, upgrade it to the same version as a server or vice versa.
- Choose the Help menu and click on the Sage 50 Activation Licensing & Subscription option on the PC that has a downgrade version.
- Click on OK.
- After that, select the Serial Number and reopen Sage.
- Finally, launch Sage 50 and check whether the program has been activated or not.
- Check if you can access the network drive and move on to the next step.
- Verify the data files path by following the underneath steps.
- The initial step is to close Sage 50 from all PCs and find out the data path.
- Now, give new titles to the files: OPTIONS.DAT, SERIAL.DAT.BAK, ENVSESS.DAT, ENVUSER.DAT, SERIAL.DAT, ENVSETNG.DAT, Entitlements.xml, files having the extension of LCK and PTL, SoftwareInstallations.xml
- Launch Sage 50 and activate it.
- Click on the manual activation option and follow the ongoing instructions.
- At last, check the date settings on your windows system. It must be correct.
Finally, we have come to the end of this instructive article that includes the steps of dealing with the ‘Sage 50 there was a problem activating’ error. We assume that you have successfully resolved the error by reading our instructive post. If the error remains unfixed, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Sage professionals Experts by contacting us or write down your query on our website. We try to resolve your issues regarding Sage in no time as we value your time and money.