QuickBooks has come up with a new feature of merging vendors. Merge vendors in QuickBooks feature allows you to consolidate all the transactions and update information as required. This will save a lot of your time and efforts as you can see all the transactions at one place.
In this blog, we will illustrate various things that should be considered before using this feature. So, let us begin!
Things to Remember: Merging Vendor in QuickBooks
- Before you merge vendors in QuickBooks, it is essential to take a few things into consideration:
- First thing you need to do is create a backup of your company file.
- Save the file names as ‘Single User mode’.
- There should not be any incomplete accountant changes.
- It is recommended not to use an Accountant’s Copy File(.QBA)
- Multi-currency should be turned off.
The vendors you have decided to merge should not be tax-exempt or authorities, direct deposit vendors or paid via online banking.
Steps to Merge Vendors in QuickBooks 2019
- First of all, access Merge Vendors window by following these steps:
- For QuickBooks Desktop Accountant users: go to Accountant menu and select Client Date Review. After that, go to Merge Vendors.
- For QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise users: go to Company menu and select Accounting tools, then go to Merge Vendors.
- Now, select the vendors which need to be merged. Click on Next.
- Next, you have to select a Master Vendor and click on Merge.
- Click on Yes to confirm.
- Click Ok on Merge Complete window.
Steps to Merge Vendors in QB 2018 and Older Versions
- Firstly, you have to select Vendors and then choose the Vendor Center.
- After that, right-click on vendor’s name.
- Choose Edit Vendor and then copy the vendor’s name.
- Click on Cancel to return on Vendor Center.
- Right-click on vendor’s name you want to merge.
- After that, choose Edit Vendor.
- Change the vendor name to the one you have copied and click Ok.
- Lastly, click Yes to proceed.
Although, we have tried detailing the steps of how to merge vendors in QuickBooks. If you still face any issues or want to know more about this feature. Feel free to reach us, our team of experts is always available to guide you. Give us a call at QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number for instant help.