Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2020 desktop, which encompasses interesting features and advantages. The blog will help you in getting a better understanding of the advanced features that have come in QuickBooks.
The new and improved features in QuickBooks 2020 desktop are well-suited for your growing business. Furthermore, users can get paid and work faster than before. The improved version is beneficial for the users because now they can also get payment reminder emails. They can also schedule reminders in advance to get notifications from QB at the time of sending them.
QuickBooks Desktop 2019 had features like bug fixing, improving business performance, and fulfilling customer demand. Without a doubt, the features of 2019 were good but the users can now also experience some advanced and improved elements in QuickBooks 2020 desktop.
Features of QuickBooks 2020 Desktop
- Automatically Adds Customer PO to Invoice Emails: The new feature will save the user’s time and efforts by not investing time in manually add the customer’s PO number to Invoice related emails. There will be no loss energy because they can themselves edit any Invoice Email Template to add the ‘Customer PO Number’ field.
- Combine many emails: QuickBooks 2020 desktop will combine all the invoices for a particular customer in a single email. Thus, it helps in streamlining the invoice email procedure perfectly.
- Reminding of automated payments to the users: The feature is helpful at the time of scheduling, reviewing and sending payment reminders to the customers for due/overdue invoices.
- Simple admin password reset: There is no need to enter a lengthy list of information for the company file admin password to secure your identity. Just pick up an email from the drop list and then enter the token that you receive for resetting the Admin password.
- Smart assistance: The feature gives an excellent search experience and improves content for the users. Meanwhile, the users need to press the F1 key or run care agents through messaging and call back options.
- Payroll status for direct deposit enabled QB users: Users don’t have to take the pain of checking detailed status via their emails or calling the support team.
- Enhanced accessibility: The enhanced accessibility feature in the 2020 desktop improves its user’s experience especially those who are visually-challenged. Consequently, this feature is beneficial at the time of preparing bills, invoices and write check screens.
- Collapse columns in reports: The representation of data looks quite synchronized if the users use the feature of customizing columns. Additionally, it gives a clear picture of your data with covering basic information.
Improved Features of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0
Now, if you have thought to give a quick start to your business or making your business work more efficient, then feel free to read QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0 improved features given below.
- Landed price: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20.0 has come up with the transportation cost feature i.e. (duties, freight, insurance and other mixed costs incurred at the time of purchase cycle). The expenses that cost from the production till manufacturing, will be included in the landed price.
- Express pick-pack: Users can easily finish the operations related to picking and packing with this feature. Therefore, it helps in completing the process quickly. Additionally, it permits the same person to complete the tasks.
- Alternator vendor: Consequently, this feature is the perfect way to manage and make certain that you are selecting the right vendor at the time of buying inventory items in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
Also Read:Quicken vs QuickBooks: A Comparison
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
What are the QuickBooks 2020 System Requirements?
Requirements of QuickBooks Enterprise 20.0 and Pro/Premier 2020:
- Windows Server 2016
- MS Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10, all editions containing 64-bit, natively installed in the machine
- MS Windows 7 SP1, all editions counting 64-bit, natively installed (it is only supported till the January 2020 year)
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions consisting 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2012
- MS Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
It should have 2.4 GHz
- RAM – need of 4GB, 8GB
Server RAM Requirements
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+ GB RAM
- The need for 2.5GB of disk space
- Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, given on the QB CD
- Meanwhile, there is an additional requirement for Intuit Data Protect in the software Connected Services proffering (It applies to the US only).
- Require at least 4.0GB RAM.
- Enlarge the size of the largest file set by two times to back up + 100MB or twice the size of storage.
Finally, the work folder needs space from LocalApplicationData+”Intuit/Intuit Data Protect”.
- It should be the US version of Windows.
- 4X DVD-ROM drive for the installation of the CD.
- Firstly, the display is optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to two enlarged monitors.
- Secondly, it is optimized for the DPI settings for a particular PC.
Users can have a glance at a listed below points list to know the most common apps they can use:
- Office 2016 (consisting Outlook 2016) both on 64 and 32-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (counting Outlook 2010 and 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit.
- Preparing letters needs Microsoft Word 2013, 2016, or 2010 or Office 365 (incorporates 64-bit).
- SMTP-supporting e-mail clients, Email Estimates, Invoices, and other different forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Office 365, and Outlook.com.
- Additionally, the contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook needs Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- Proper synchronization with Outlook will be needing QB Contact Sync for Outlook.
Note: Contact Sync doesn’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Users may confront duplicate records because of Syncing.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- TurboTax 2018, 2019 (Business and Personal)
- QB Point of Sale V12.0 and V18.0
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (applies for the US only)
- Lacerte 2018, 2019
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016, 2019, 2020
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms needed
- Yahoo Email, Gmail, Hotmail, Windows Mail, and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Additionally, other online features and Payroll and services need Internet access with a minimum 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps needed). Likewise, a cable modem or DSL is suggested.
Firewall and Antivirus Software Compatibility
Sometimes, users may need to adjust some settings in these programs so that they can get the best possible QuickBooks result.
Note: A few settings are required in these programs to get the best potential QuickBooks performance.
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
To sum up, this blog talks about the new and improved features of QuickBooks 2020 desktop. It also talks about its system requirements and how far has the user experience come from QuickBooks 2019. Additionally, the business owners can easily customize the application as per the current requirements. Also, some of the major feature improvements will help its users to receive better information from their financial data as well as to save time and gain efficiency.
To grab more insights on QuickBooks 2020 desktop features and how it will benefit your business, you can get in touch with our expert team of QuickBooks technicians on our QuickBooks Support Phone Number.