There might be a lot of questions running in the users’ mind about the QuickBooks Error 6000 816. This article will answer all such questions as what is this error about? why this error occurs and how to resolve -6000, -816 error?
What is QuickBooks Error -6000 -816 about?
It is one of the common error that occurs in QB Desktop. QuickBooks error 6000 816 occurs when the users are unable to use the company file. This may be due to many reasons. A message appears saying unable to open the company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 816
There can be many reasons due to which QB 6000 and 816 error might occur. Some points follow:
- The opening of the company file or running a restored company file on a computer running Vista.
- The company file is in use to another program such as backup software.
- It may occur due to a damaged file.
- The company file is located in a Microsoft Windows Home Server edition with multiple hard disks which are not supported.
You May Also Read: How You Can Fix QuickBooks Error 15106
Fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 816
There are ways to resolve the error depending on the cause. A few of the important ones have been detailed out here. However, it is recommended to install and run QB File Doctor tool before performing any of the following steps. This might resolve the issue. Even if the QuickBooks 6000 816 Error is not resolved to perform the steps in the order given.
Solution 1: Renaming the .ND and .TLG files
- The folder that has the company files.
- Find the files with the same name as the company file and with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Right click and click on Rename. Type the .OLD at the end of each file name.
- Open QuickBooks and login to the company file. If this does not fix the error 6000 and 816 perform the next step.
Solution 2: Opening a sample company file
It specifies if there is any problem with the company file or with QuickBooks application.
- Go to the No Company File, select Open Sample File and choose from the sample company files.
- Proceed to solution 3, if the sample file opens. If not repair QB installation files.
Solution 3: Copy QuickBooks files on the desktop
This tests whether there is any problem with the location of the company file.
- Open the folder with the company files.
- Find the file with the extension.
- Right click and click on Copy. Paste it in the desktop by right-clicking.
- Hold the control key and open QuickBooks so the No Company Window opens.
- Click on Open or Restore Existing Company. Open the file that file was copy to the desktop.
If this doesn’t fix the problem perform the next step.
Solution 4: Restore the backup
Since the company file did not open up even after moving it to a new location, restoring a backup may help. Restore the backup of the company file. This will check whether there is a problem with the current company file.
Solution 5: User ADR to restore the backup
If the company files are damaged, it is advisable to recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
to resolve your query in no-time.
These are the step to help resolve QuickBooks error 6000 816. If need professional guidance, get in touch with QuickBooks Error Helpline Number. They are available 24/7 to help users with their problems and provide guidance.