QuickBooks is a dynamic application that fulfills all your business needs. It contains a great feature which helps you complete your work-related tasks easily. But many times, bugs and glitches show up which eventually ruin your work and efforts. QuickBooks Error 6010 appears while installing QuickBooks Software, it needs to be reinstalled and try again. You will receive an error message: “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, -100). However, error code 6010 can occur due to various other reasons like firewall or anti-virus software is not allowing QuickBooks to access the network.
In this blog, we will highlight the potential reasons and different methods to fix “QB error code 6010”. So, let us begin!
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6010 Occur?
There are several factors that lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6010, some of them are given below for your reference:
- .ND are files disconnected from QuickBooks and the log files (.TLG).
- The registry-optimizing application present in your system has deleted your QuickBooks registry files
- Anti-virus programs such as ESET NOD32 are blocking QB from reaching Network and system resources.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010
You can resolve QB Error code 6010 instantly by following some simple methods. You can skip to another method if one doesn’t work for you.
Method 1: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, you need to reopen the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then scan the company file again.
- Now, go to Start option and click on All Programs.
- Then, you have to open QuickBooks and click on QB Database Server Manager.
- Next, choose the Scan Folders
- If folders are not present then click on Add Folder.
- Now, Scan the files and try to open the files again.
- Login to your company file and see if “Error code 6010” is resolved.
Also Read: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Method 2: Restore your Company File
- The first step is to access the folder having your company file.
- Find the file with .QBW extension.
- Now, make a right-click on the file and then select Copy.
- Navigate to the Desktop and again make a right-click, click on Paste.
- After that, open QuickBooks while holding the Ctrl key, it will redirect you to No Company Open
- Next, you need to click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Now, open the company file and check whether the issue still exists or not.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 3: Flip to Single-User Mode
- Firstly, you have to log into your computer as an Administrator.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- After that, you need to choose Users
- Highlight every QuickBooks process (EXE, qbupdate.exe and QBDBM.exe)
- The choose End Task in multi-user mode.
- Now open the company file, if QuickBooks error 6010 still persists then follow further solutions.
Method 4: Rename .ND File Extension
- First of all, find all the files having .ND extension.
- Now, you need to open the file having error 6010.
- Once you find all the files, make a right click on that file.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the Rename
- Now, add ‘old’ as an extension.
- Finally, open QB and see if the issue is fixed.
Method 5: Block Multi-user Hosting Access
- Firstly, select File and then open the QuickBooks File menu.
- Now, navigate to Utilities and choose the option “Stop hosting multi-user access”.
- Next, you need to close and open QuickBooks again.
- Navigate to program settings, then you have to temporarily turn off the Internet Monitor feature.
- After that, restart your PC.
- If you have ESET NOD32 anti-virus application, rename the file and add ‘old’ as an extension.
- Reopen QuickBooks and check for “QuickBooks Error code 6010”.
Method 6: Reinstall QuickBooks
- The first step is to click on Start
- Choose the Control Panel
- After that, you have to click on Uninstall a Program.
- Next, click on QuickBooks and uninstall the software.
- Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now, choose QB version you wish to install and then click on Continue.
- Click on Ok and install QuickBooks.
- Finally, open QuickBooks again.
You need to follow the above methods and steps in a definite order to solve “QuickBooks Error 6010”. If the problem remains unresolved then speak to our ProAdvisor at QuickBooks Help Desk Phone Number.