QuickBooks is used by various small business accounting software. It has advanced features that provide immense help in the effortless supervision of regular Accounting and Financial works. In this post, we shall be discussing QuickBooks Error 1328 and how to fix it.
You may observe at times, that while updating or installing QuickBooks, it bumps into errors. One of the most common update error faced by users is QuickBooks Update Error 1328.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks Error 1328 usually occurs while updating, installing, repairing or even uninstalling QuickBooks. This error may show up on your laptop/computer screen in various ways, although the file reference of such errors shows what the problem exactly is.
Why QuickBooks Error 1328 occurs?
One possible reason for QuickBooks Update Error 1328 maybe installing a version (for example QuickBooks 2009) with a license number that differs from the 2009 version, that is presently installed. The reason for this update error is the .tmp files in the config.msi folder which prevent QuickBooks from finishing the update.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi file
- Right-click on the Start key button and then choose the Explore option.
- Double-click on the ‘C’ drive.
- You will have to click on Tools and choose Folder.
- Click the View option in the toolbar and then select All hidden files as well as folders.
- Now, click to Apply, then press the Ok button.
- Operate all necessary system files.
- Make a right-click on config.msi & select Rename option.
- At the end of a filename, add .old and hit the Enter key.
- Hence, This will hide and protect your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Solution 2: Repair registered tool application
- It is important to first run any Registry Repair Tool and repair the damaged Registry Entries that relate to QuickBooks.
- Use a malware removal tool to fix any type of malware infection attack from your system, and get rid of all malware from your computer.
- You have to remove all the unwanted or junk files from your system.
- It is also important to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers.
- Restore by selecting Undo through Recent System Changes, (this applies to your Windows System).
- Moreover, you need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Run Windows System File Checker to scan PC for damaged files and repair.
- Now, install all essential Windows Updates.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 3: Repair your Windows Installation Process
- Log on to the Windows as an Administrator.
- Now open your Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features option available there.
- Now, locate QuickBooks in the list, select it, and then click the Uninstall option by selecting the appropriate button.
- When QuickBooks uninstaller appears, choose the Repair option.
- Run QuickBooks repair on your system, then, you will need to apply the security patch when the repair completes.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks by doing a Clean Installation
Step 1: Prepare QuickBooks Uninstallation
Step 2: After this, make a clean installation of QuickBooks. To do so, you can select one of the given options that are mentioned here:
- As discussed earlier, the first option is to install QuickBooks directly from the CD drive provided.
- A user can install QuickBooks through a downloaded QuickBooks installation file.
- Now, get ready to download or simply install QuickBooks.
If you do not find the complete solution to fix QuickBooks Error 1328 from the above steps, take expert advice on QuickBooks Help Phone Number.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.