Nowadays, everyone is well-acquainted with QuickBooks software that commences multiple accounting & financial activities proficiently within a few clicks. Intuit launches time-to-time updates to the software and introduces new versions with advanced features to improve the performance of the software. In the following blog, we will be exploring the complete steps of How to update QuickBooks.
You can also verify if there are any updates or not on your own by following the underneath steps.
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys altogether to launch the Product information window.
- Now, find out your QuickBooks version and look for the updates.
Now, let’s follow the whole post to know more about the QuickBooks update.
Why We Should Update QuickBooks?
Technology is enhancing progressively, and everyone desires to be updated to exist in the market. So it becomes mandatory to install the latest QuickBooks update to avail of the latest features and technologies in the software. Downloading the latest release ensures better security and performance. Also, you may get the advanced features while using the QuickBooks software.
Sometimes, QuickBooks users get confused between the two things upgrades and updates. We would like to mention the difference between both of the terms. The update includes bug fixes and other changes to the software, while the software upgrade changes the version of the software.
Also Read: How to use QuickBooks Class Tracking?
How to Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release?
Various methods are available on the web to install the latest updates in QuickBooks Desktop or QB Online. You must remember that the installation of such updates requires a proper internet connection. Once the updates get downloaded, QuickBooks will automatically install all the mandatory files to the suitable path. If you are accessing QuickBooks in multi-user mode, then install the recent updates on all the PCs.
Now, let’s proceed further and apply the below-mentioned methods one by one.
Method 1: Automatic QuickBooks Update
Well, QuickBooks automatically find the updates from the Intuit server and download them. The latest updates get installed manually when you are working or using the Internet. It happens because of the settings in QuickBooks that allow you to download recent updates.
Now, you may proceed further to apply the underneath steps to enable the feature of Automatic Update.
- The initial step is to launch QuickBooks and then click on the Help Menu.
- After that, select the Update QuickBooks option and wait until the QuickBooks Window appear.
- Now, choose the Options tab and click on Yes to enable the Automatic Update method. Else, choose No.
- Finally, select Save & Close.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 2: Release Download
This method helps you to install available updates via the update feature. We suggest updating all copies if you are accessing multi-user mode in QuickBooks.
Further, we are writing down the steps to download updates of QuickBooks Pro and premier multi-user mode.
- First of all, access the shared company file.
- Now, click on the Help Menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab and choose Yes for the shared Download option.
- Finally, click on Save
Below, you can find out the steps to upgrade the new QuickBooks Desktop.
- Firstly, choose the recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, choose the File Menu and click on Open or Restore the company.
- After that, select the company file and press Next.
- Finally, choose the data file and access it.
Method 3: Immediate Update QuickBooks
In this method, you can immediately install the recent updates directly from the official website of Intuit. Also, you don’t require opening the QuickBooks software while installing the latest updates. Although, you can use this method even if the Automatic Update is on. Follow the underneath steps to update & install updates in your QuickBooks.
- Initially, launch QuickBooks and choose the Help Menu.
- Secondly, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the Update Now option and choose the updates that you need to download.
- Click on Get Updates and click on the Maintenance Releases link.
- Next, the details of the changes in the update will appear on the screen.
- Here, you have to restart the software and choose Install Now.
- Finally, restart the system after the updates get installed.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks Manually
- The first step is to close the company file along with the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then, right-tap on the software to choose the choose Run as Administrator.
- Next, choose the Help Menu when the No Company Open window appears on the screen.
- Click on Update QuickBooks.
- Meanwhile, select the options tab and click on the Mark all option.
- Choose the Save option and click on the Update Now option.
- You need to mark the Reset Update box.
- Again, click on the Get Update option.
- Shut down QuickBooks when the updates put in place.
- Launch QuickBooks when you get the message ‘install updates’ on the screen.
- Finally, choose Yes and restart the system.
Concluding the Post!
Hopefully, you have got a better understanding of ‘How to update QuickBooks?’ after following up on the complete post. All the required steps have been mentioned in the article so that you can update the software without any interruption. There can be instances that may stop you from updating the QuickBooks software. If you have also got stuck in the same situation and unable to find a way, quickly give us a ring at QASolved. We ensure to provide you with instantaneous technical assistance.
A: Given below are the steps that can help you in updating the software to the latest version.
First of all, choose the File Menu and click on Back Up Company.
Now, you need to create a local backup and press Next.
Select the location where you want to save the backup.
Finally, install QuickBooks 2021 on your system.
A: Yes, you can get QuickBooks updates for free. A notification pops up on your screen indicating that the updates are available and you are asked to install them if you want to.
A: Underneath are the steps to update the QuickBooks Desktop.
Firstly, choose Upgrade Now.
After that, choose the Keep o9ld version option only when you want to have the old version on your system.
Next, the recent version starts to install on the system.
After installation of the updates, choose Open QuickBooks.
A: If you want to track invoices, manage bookkeeping requirements, and make payments. then you have to upgrade the software to the latest release. After updating QuickBooks, you can avail of more features and functionalities with the latest security updates.
A: Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your QuickBooks Desktop Plus.
The first step is to sign in camps.intuit.com
And then, choose the app or subscription under the Products and Services list.
Choose the Details option.
Finally, make a note of payroll subscription details, version, and Care plan.
A: You can update the software directly from the internet. The performance of the software improves and becomes more productive after downloading the latest updates. Not only it improves the speed of the software but also various issues get resolved automatically.
A: Well, QuickBooks Online automatically downloads transactions every night when you connect a bank account to online banking. If you are not interested in waiting for the scheduled download, refresh the connection to receive the recent transactions.
A: Here, we are listing down all the recent features that can be availed of to get a better experience.
Syncing with Etsy app.
Improved payment accounts retrieval across QuickBooks Online products along with Wallet integration.
Auto-Payroll in QBO Payroll.
Custom report builder, etc.
A: Here, you can find out the complete steps to update QuickBooks Online to the latest release.
First of all, choose the Help Menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
After that, select the Update Now tab and choose Updates.
Now, click on Get Updates.
Lastly, select Exit QuickBooks.
A: According to Intuit Disclosure, the older versions of QuickBooks Desktop will be discontinued after 31 May 2021. And, the company will discontinue access to add-on features on the Desktop version for Windows 2018 from 1st June 2021.