Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is used to repair damaged QuickBooks Desktop Function, only a simple re-install will not rectify the issue here. To resolve the issue, you will have to ‘Un-Install’ QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, Rename the installation files, and then Re-install the program. The entire process is called as ‘Clean Install’ or ‘Clean Uninstall’ of QuickBooks.
IMPORTANT: It is essential to have ‘QuickBooks Desktop download file or the installation CD’ along with the license number available before you perform an ‘Un-installation’ process.
How to Utilize the QuickBooks Clean Install tool?
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for the entire ‘Clean Install QuickBooks’ process includes first an ‘Un-install‘, renaming installation folders & then perform QuickBooks Desktop Re-installation. The process is to be performed in the below-listed sequence.
1. Un-Install QuickBooks Desktop
Uninstalling the desktop is the first step, and this can be done in the below-given steps:
- The first step is to go to the ‘keyboard’ & press ‘windows+R’ to view ‘RUN’ command appear on the screen.
- Next is to go to the ‘Control Panel’ & Press OK
- Select ‘programs and features’ option
- Now move to Programs list >> QuickBooks >>> Uninstall.
- Next, you can follow the prompts to ‘FINISH’ the process.
2. Rename the ‘Installation folders’
The next thing is to use the ‘ Clean Install Tool QuickBooks ’ to rename the folders. Alternatively, you can choose to ‘manual rename’ the QuickBooks Installation folders.
a) Download and RUN the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Once you are done with ‘Renaming the folders,’ then you need to ‘Download & Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Perform the below steps to complete this action.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.exe file and save this on your system.
- Next thing is you need to open ‘QuickBooks Clean Install exe.’
- Select ‘I accept’ that is written on the license agreement.
- Next, Choose the ‘QuickBooks Desktop version’ & press ‘Continue.’
- Press ‘OK’ when you see a message which says ‘QuickBooks is ready to do a ‘Clean Install,’ and you can install this to the default directory.’
b) Rename ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation Folders’ manually
The next step is to manually rename the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders’ to reflect the hidden files and then rename the ‘folder location’ that is listed for the Windows version.
Add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ words at the end of the folder name. With this action, you will avoid QuickBooks from recognizing the folder while you are looking to make a ‘new one.’
c) In case you see the error, which says – ‘The Access Denied while the Renaming the folders’
The below-given steps need to be performed for the above scenario:
- Do a right-click on the ‘Windows Task Bar’ and select the ‘Task Manager.’
- Now go to the ‘Processes tab’ & select ‘Image name column header’ to figure out the processes alphabetically.
- Select ‘QBDBMgern.exe, QBDBMr.exe. , QBCFmonitorservice.exe, qbw32.exe , and press ‘END’ option.
- You can press ‘YES’ for the message that says ‘Warning’ – in case you end the process that will lead to undesired results including the ‘Data Loss & System Instability.’
3. Do a Re-Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
The last and the final step in line is to ‘Download & Install’ QuickBooks Desktop. The step completes the QuickBooks Clean Install process.
The above-provided steps should be sufficient to perform the ‘QuickBooks Clean Install’ for the windows. However, if because of any reason you are unable to use QuickBooks Clean Install tool or have any doubt related to any steps, quickly get technical assistance at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
Thank you for visiting our site. We are always ready to help you with any of your queries related to QuickBooks. We feel glad helping you, and you are always welcome over here on this platform. Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.