Nowadays, organizations are usually growing bigger in size. As they increase, so does the number of transactions they have to go through. Therefore, the concept of manuals doesn’t come into action.
Thus, invoice numbers play a significant role in this area. They come to your rescue. With QuickBooks, your data is saved with utmost care and organization. All the transactions, therefore, are in the proper order of their invoices. Hence, searching for a transaction becomes relatively easier and faster.
QuickBooks provides a unique number to every data saved in it. Invoice number, thus, assists a user in recognizing transactions. As QB itself assigns the number automatically, the user gets an allotted number in a transaction without his choice. Since it’s not mandatory to go with those default numbers, one can always opt for changing them.
As a result, in this article, we are here to provide you with detailed knowledge on how to change invoice numbers in Quickbooks.
Therefore, do not hesitate to read the whole article.
Reasons Behind Changing Invoice Number
There can be a lot of reasons why one chooses to change invoice numbers. Some of them can be :
- You want to keep them at your convenience.
- In addition, there is a necessity to keep some invoices with different names.
- Similarly, in case, you want to keep different invoices for different clients.
- There are some invoices with the same name.
Hence, in any of the above conditions, one decides to change the number.
How to change the Invoice number in Quickbooks Online?
There are a lot of ways through which you can change the invoice in QB online. We have provided some of them below :
Solution 1 – Use of Company Settings
- Firstly, Locate the company gear icon.
- Next, go to settings.
- Proceed by selecting the company setting.
- Here, go to the sales form entry option at the left.
- Next, you have to check mark Custom Transaction number box.
- Hit save.
- In the custom transaction numbers, you have to opt for your preferences.
- A field with the Invoice number as the title automatically adds.
- Now, you can enter any number you want to put.
Solution 2 – Use of Accounts and Settings
- First of all, Go to the toolbar. Click on the gear icon.
- Next, go to accounts and settings.
- Here, hit Sales.
- In the sales form content portion, click anywhere.
- After that, the custom transaction number option has to be turned on.
- Click Save.
- Then, tap done.
- Next, you have to open any of the invoices.
- Likewise, in the invoice number field, put the number you want.
Note : Make sure that you turn off the custom transaction number option later. This is to make sure that there are no automatic changes. As there are risks of them happening without any warning.
Solution 3 – Try to edit the duplicated invoice number
If you find out that your invoice number repeats, then use the following method :
- Firstly, Tap on the duplicated invoice to open it.
- Then, Go at the end of this invoice.
- Tap on More.
- Next, click on edit. This will allow you to edit the invoice number.
- After that, hit Save.
Also Read : How To Scheduling Recurring Invoices in QuickBooks?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to change the invoice number in Quickbooks Desktop?
If you shift from QuickBooks Online to QB desktop and still want to continue with invoice numbers, then we’ll tell you how to do that.
You just have to create an invoice and it will automatically pick numbers. Yet, you must customize invoice templates to do so. So to do so :
- First, go to lists.
- Then, select the templates option.
- Next, double-click on invoice templates.
- Locate additional customization.
- Here, you mark the invoice number below the header tab.
- In addition, do not forget to click on Screen and Print.
- Then, click Ok.
To change these numbers :
- First of all, select the Custom transaction numbers check box.
- Tap Save.
- Next, you have to get a transaction with some new numbers.
- After that, remove the check mark from custom transaction numbers.
- And, hit on Save.
And the task has finished.
The article above has stated the easiest way for you to change the invoice number in Quickbooks Online and Desktop. Likewise, you can try these above steps and hence, get the results you want.
In case, you find any difficulty in comprehending how to change invoice numbers in Quickbooks online. And, if you are not able to do the same, you can contact us.
Reach out to our support team now through our toll-free number. Ours is a team of professionals who skill in their tasks. They have a wide knowledge of Quickbooks. In addition, they are available 24×7 with your help. So, now you can contact us anytime and anywhere. We will be there with your assistance.
Hence, contact our team now and they will help you to change the invoice numbers conveniently.
We hope that the article provided some help.