Besides the QuickBooks Desktop Benefits technical bottlenecks in the form QuickBooks Error 3371 can’t be prevented, caused by external issues. To resolve error code 3371, it is essential to know about the issue, its causes before starting the troubleshooting methods.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is caused when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets damaged, which contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. The error message says: ‘Could not initialize license properties’. This message shows up in a dialog box and when you click OK, another box comes up.
The file damage occurs due to improper shut down your computer while your software if open for some reasons. Therefore, QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties every time you open your QuickBooks and the “Error 3371 Status Code 11118” shows up on the screen.
In order to resolve this issue, there are some system requirements which needs to be fulfilled. Let us proceed further before troubleshooting error 3371.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
QuickBooks Error 3371 could also be a result of multiple problems e.g. something related to other components of your QuickBooks software or Operating system as mentioned underneath:
- That can be an additional damage component as the onscreen message additionally says too QuickBooks Error 3371 cannot load the license data. This may cause missing or damaged files. QuickBooks attempts to read damage QBregistration.dat each time you start it.
- Fix the damaged MSXML component which relates to Windows Operating System which is required to run QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Some system protections e.g. anti-virus program blocks QuickBooks Desktop too that stops the sync with the important Windows components required by QuickBooks.
- Half-done or Failed Windows Updates can keep the components of your windows outdated and not as required by QuickBooks. Outdated windows can lead to more problems for your QuickBooks Desktop too.
- “Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- “QuickBooks has stopped working” A problem has caused QuickBooks to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available.
- Problems with printing, emailing or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop.
- You lose the connection to the QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks Desktop performance issues.
- Error Code 80029c4a
- While installing and repairing QuickBooks you may come across following errors: QuickBooks Error 1603, QuickBooks Error 1903, QuickBooks Error 1722, QuickBooks Error 1904
Points to Consider Before QuickBooks Error 3371 Troubleshooting
- First of all, it is important to ensure that you have updated your Windows to the latest release.
- If you still get QuickBooks Error 3371 then you might have corrupt Windows operating system.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
Solution 1: Delete ecml file
- First of all, press Windows + R together from your keyboard.
- Enter this path C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the window.
- Next, Windows Explorer will open with the above address.
- Now, delete ecml file. After that, close the window.
- Finally, you have to Run QuickBooks and Register the item again.’
Solution 2: Update your Windows operating system
- The first step is to click on the Start button.
- Now, select All Programs and then click on Window Update.
- After that, click on check for updates.
- Next, you to reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Solution 3: Install Latest Windows Update
- Firstly, you need to install the latest updates for Windows.
- Next, select All Programs and then click on Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP Users
- First of all, click on the Start button and choose Run.
- Now, enter this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- After that, click Ok.
- You can now rename Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 users
- Firstly, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Next, you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QB, it will create a new file for you.
- If the program data folder is not visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search Options.
- After that click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 1111 is likely to occur when entitlementDataStore.ecml containing the license properties gets corrupted due to crash com error or any other reason. You can fix the issue by updating your Windows system, rename the entitlement file and installing new windows updates.
If the “QuickBooks Error 3371” remains unresolved then feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Error Customer Support Number. Our technicians are always available to help you and fix all complicated issues.