QuickBooks works smoother and takes care of all your business needs. However, bugs and error can show up anytime while using the software. Many times, QuickBooks freezes while working on the application. It generates a new off-screen window that runs in the background, it doesn’t close when you try to shut it down.
In this blog, you will learn various causes that lead to QuickBooks locking up the problem. Further, we will provide different methods to resolve the “QuickBooks keeps freezing” issue.
Why Does QuickBooks Keep Freezing?
- The files contain hazards hence it is stopping you from accessing Window.
- You are using an outdated Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks freezes when the background applications consume space and data.
- QuickBooks freezing up issue also occurs when User Account Control is enabled.
- Damaged DDF files and user preferences file.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Freezing Up Issue?
Fix 1: Rename DAT and DDF files
- First of all, you need to close the company files on all the systems.
- Find the company directory and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT
- Now, delete each file having DDF extension.
- From the same directory, you need to open company and click on confirm to save the payments.
- Finally, click on Print to print is successful.
Fix 2: Turn Off Tablet PC Input Services
- Firstly, press Windows + R, type MSC and then click Ok.
- Make a double-click on Tablet PC Input Service or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
- Now, click on Stop the service option.
- You have to double-click on Tablet Input Service and then click on Properties.
- Disable the Startup type and then click Ok.
- Shut down the Services menu and reopen QuickBooks.
Also Read: How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online?
Fix 3: Close Programs on Task Manager
- Firstly, navigate to Task Manager.
- Here, you have to highlight the programs starting with .qb, QuickBooks or Intuit.
- At the bottom of the page, click on End Task.
- Lastly, close the Task Manager.
Fix 4: Close QBW32.exe Process
- The first step is to make a right-click on Windows taskbar and then choose Start Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- In order to filter it alphabetically, click on Image Name.
- Next, you have to find and choose EXE.
- Finally, click on the End Process option.
Fix 5: Run QuickBooks Install Tool
- The first thing you need to do is download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file on your Desktop when asked.
- Now, close all the running programs and then run the QB Install Tool.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Next, you need to restart your system and ensure that the elements are updated properly.
Also Read: How to Speed up QuickBooks Performance?
Fix 6: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, press Windows + R from your keyboard and then the open Run command.
- Click on Control Panel and then click Ok.
- You need to click on Programs and Features.
- Now, you have to click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Fix 7: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- The first step is to download QuickBooks Clean Install tool.
- After that, save it on your Desktop.
- Now, open QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe
- Click on I Accept when the license agreement is prompted.
- Select your QB version and then click on Continue.
- Click on Ok when you see “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install please install to the default directory.”
Refer to this article whenever your “QuickBooks freezes”. It will help you resolve the problem on your own. For further assistance, you can contact us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.