What to do when QuickBooks Freezes?
QuickBooks works smoother and takes care of all your business needs. However, bugs and error can show up anytime while using the software. Many times, QuickBooks freezes while working on the application. It generates a new off-screen window that runs in the background, it doesn’t close when you try to shut it down.
In this blog, you will learn various causes that lead to QuickBooks locking up the problem. Further, we will provide different methods to resolve the “QuickBooks keeps freezing” issue.
Why Does QuickBooks Keep Freezing?
- The files contain hazards hence it is stopping you from accessing Window.
- You are using an outdated Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks freezes when the background applications consume space and data.
- QuickBooks freezing up issue also occurs when User Account Control is enabled.
- Damaged DDF files and user preferences file.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Freezing Up Issue?
Fix 1: Rename DAT and DDF files
- First of all, you need to close the company files on all the systems.
- Find the company directory and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT
- Now, delete each file having DDF extension.
- From the same directory, you need to open company and click on confirm to save the payments.
- Finally, click on Print to print is successful.
Fix 2: Turn Off Tablet PC Input Services
- Firstly, press Windows + R, type MSC and then click Ok.
- Make a double-click on Tablet PC Input Service or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service.
- Now, click on Stop the service option.
- You have to double-click on Tablet Input Service and then click on Properties.
- Disable the Startup type and then click Ok.
- Shut down the Services menu and reopen QuickBooks.
Also Read: How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Online?
Fix 3: Close Programs on Task Manager
- Firstly, navigate to Task Manager.
- Here, you have to highlight the programs starting with .qb, QuickBooks or Intuit.
- At the bottom of the page, click on End Task.
- Lastly, close the Task Manager.
Fix 4: Close QBW32.exe Process
- The first step is to make a right-click on Windows taskbar and then choose Start Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- In order to filter it alphabetically, click on Image Name.
- Next, you have to find and choose EXE.
- Finally, click on the End Process option.
Fix 5: Run QuickBooks Install Tool
- The first thing you need to do is download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file on your Desktop when asked.
- Now, close all the running programs and then run the QB Install Tool.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Next, you need to restart your system and ensure that the elements are updated properly.
Fix 6: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, press Windows + R from your keyboard and then the open Run command.
- Click on Control Panel and then click Ok.
- You need to click on Programs and Features.
- Now, you have to click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Fix 7: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- The first step is to download QuickBooks Clean Install tool.
- After that, save it on your Desktop.
- Now, open QuickBooks Clean Install Utility.exe
- Click on I Accept when the license agreement is prompted.
- Select your QB version and then click on Continue.
- Click on Ok when you see “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install please install to the default directory.”
Refer to this article whenever your “QuickBooks freezes”. It will help you resolve the problem on your own. For further assistance, you can contact us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
A: You can follow up on the following steps to unfreeze the QuickBooks Desktop.
- First of all, choose the Windows option.
- After that, open the search box and write Task manager.
- Now, choose the QB, intuit, or QuickBooks applications.
- Select the end Process option to finish it.
- Again, launch the QuickBooks application.
- Next, choose the company file.
- Finally, shut down all the applications that are running in the background.
A: You can look into the following steps to unfreeze the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The first step is to press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Now, double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, hold the Ctrl key until the no Company Open window display on the screen.
- Check whether the issue has been fixed.
A: Here, we have listed the steps that you can apply when the company file stops working.
- Try to update the QuickBooks software.
- Verifying the Company File you are working on
- Turning off hosting on all PCs.
- Change the location of the company file.
- Turning off the save when closing feature
- The first thing is to create a backup of your company files.
- Restart the system and then, launch the Windows Start menu.
- After that, click on Control Panel and tap on the Programs and Features option.
- Next, select Uninstall a program.
- You have to select QuickBooks from the list of programs and then choose Uninstall.
- Finally, click on Continue and press Next.
A: The following reasons may cause a delay in starting up the QuickBooks application.
- Incorrect internet Firewall Settings
- Because of the Anti-virus programs
- You have a large amount of data that may slow down the QuickBooks performance.
A: Here are the steps to shut down all the running QuickBooks components.
- First of all, launch the Task Manager and look for the files that start with .qb, Intuit, or QuickBooks.
- Choose End Task.
- Finally, close the Task Manager window.
- First of all, choose the File menu and click on Utilities.
- And then, select Verify Data and click on OK to close all windows.
- If a message stating ‘your data has failed the integrity check’ displays on the screen, rebuild the company file.