Quicken Error OL-220-a is a banking error that usually arises when Quicken fails to read the information passed on from the bank. It is essential to update details in Quicken in order to exchange information between the financial institution and Quicken.
Let us start with the causes and symptoms of Error OL-220-a. Further, we will elaborate on the steps to resolve this error efficiently.
What are the Reasons Behind Quicken Error OL-220-a?
- The corrupted download of Quicken or installation is incomplete.
- Quicken Error OL-220-a occurs when you have a corrupted Windows registry.
- This error can also appear if there is a virus or malware attack.
- You get “Error OL-220-a” because the Quicken records are damaged.
Symptoms of Quicken Error OL-220-a
- Quicken crashes frequently with “Error OL-220-a” displayed on your screen.
- Your system breaks down while working on Quicken.
- Quicken Error OL-220-a is displayed on your screen.
- Your PC functions slowly and responds very late to the device inputs.
- Your system freezes due to “Error OL-220-a”.
Easy Steps to Fix Quicken OL-220-a
Step 1: Ensure that your Quicken is updated to the latest release
- The first step is to access Quicken.
- After that, you must navigate to the Help and then click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available then you need to click on Yes.
- It will now get updated automatically.
- If Quicken is already updated then click on Ok and move further.
- Attempt to update all the accounts and check whether Quicken Error OL-220-a is fixed or not.
Step 2: Find the account having Quicken OL 220 a
- First of all, you have to open Quicken.
- Now, navigate to the Tools and then click on One Step Update Summary.
- In this step, you need to see each account with OL error.
- Note down the error codes in Notepad or Word pad.
- After that, you should go to every account facing OL errors.
- Next step is to click on the gear icon available at the right-hand corner.
- Finally, you have to click on the Update Now option (Ctrl+Alt+U).
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Step 3: Deactivate/Reactivate the account facing Error OL-220-a
- Firstly, you should navigate to Tools and click on Account List.
- Then, you must click on Edit for the accounts having “Error ol-220-a”.
- After that, click on Online Services tab and then select Deactivate
- Now, click on Yes to confirm.
- Lastly, select Ok and click on Done.
Follow the steps given below to make sure that the Quicken Data File is safe.
- Navigate to the File, select File Operations and then click on Validate and Repair.
- You will see a checkbox near Validate File, mark the box. Click on Ok.
- Once the validation process is finished, a DATA_LOG file will open in notepad.
- Navigate to Tools and then go to Account List (Ctrl + A).
- After that click on Edit for the accounts getting “Quicken ol 220 a”.
- Now, you have to click on the Online Services tab.
- Click on Set up Now.
- Enter your financial institution’s username and password.
- Next, you should click on Connect.
- Ensure that you LINK your account rather than adding it.
Step 4: Uninstall & Reinstall Quicken
- The first step is to press Windows + R together from your keyboard.
- After that click on the Start menu and choose Run.
- You need to type appwiz.cpl in the search box.
- Now, Program and Features tab will open.
- You should search for Quicken and click on it.
- In this step, you need to click on the Uninstall option from the top.
- You have to follow the on-screen prompts in order to uninstall the software.
- To reinstall, you need to use the CD or go to Quicken official website and download it.
We hope this article will help you fix “Quicken Error OL-220-a” instantly. If you still need any help or technical guidance then do not hesitate to reach our certified experts at Quicken Support Phone Number.