How to Fix Sage 50 Error Loading Current Company File?
While using the Sage accounting software, its users may come across the message ‘Error loading current company file’ on their system’s screen. The particular error indicates that Sage 50 has stopped working. This could also mean that your system is unable to open the company files and the company file could be missing after a server update. Before troubleshooting the sage 50 error loading current company file, it is necessary for the end-users to know the error causes.
Let’s come to the different causes of sage 50 accounting error loading current company file.
Causes of Sage 50 Error Loading Company File
Identifying the causes of Sage 50 error will help you to troubleshoot the error. Once you know the causes of the error it will be easier for you to take right actions to fix the error:
- Sage 50 error loading current company file occurs when you try to open an invalid company file automatically.
- The error occurs when you try to start the system before installing an update.
- Sage error may take place when the service release is not installed on all systems.
- You may confront the error in case the backup restored on PC is mismatching with the release.
- Build or release is not the same on all PCs on a network.
Methods to Fix Sage 50 Accounting Error Loading Current Company File
It is suggested to create a backup of your files before proceeding for the methods to troubleshoot the error. The different methods given below will help you to fix Sage 50 accounting loading current company file issue:
Method 1: Update installed on Server
- Firstly, you need to first of all close Sage 50 software.
- After that, you need to browse the updates folder.
- Thereafter, you have to click on the latest program update.
- Now, you are required to follow the instructions to install the update.
- Restart your system.
- You have to open Sage 50 application on the PC.
- Finally, you need to choose the Help option. You need to select About Sage 50 Accounting to check the update installed.
Method 2: Open Splash Screen:
- In the beginning, you need to right-click on Sage 50 icon and then choose properties.
- Then, you have to highlight the target line and then press CTRL+C.
- You are supposed to close the properties window.
- Now, open the RUN window by pressing and holding the Windows+R key.
- You need to paste the line that you have copied in the Run window.
- You have to add space and then write ABC in the end.
- Next, click ok.
- Now, Sage will open on the splash screen.
- You need to open the company data file on the splash screen.
- If the error still occurs while opening the file then you need to check for the updates.
- To check the updates you need to go to the services option. With this, download it and then install it on your system.
- If the error persists, then follow the steps of the next method.
Method 3: Restoring Backup:
- You need to create a backup with a proper file name and then restore it.
Method 4: Damaged Data Files in Company Data Folder:
- Initially, you need to choose a file then open company and note down your company file location.
- Now, you have to close the program.
- Then, you are required to press Windows +E.
- Next, you need to navigate to the directory.
- You need to delete these files from your system:
- All .DAT temp files
- All .DDF files
- All .DAT ptl files
- All .LCK files
- All .PTL files
- All .MKD files
- All .RPT files
- All .PTR files
- dat (if available)
- DAT (if available)
- Lastly, you need to open your company file and check if you are still facing the file error.
Hopefully, the blog has helped you to know about the possible causes of sage 50 error loading current company file. The methods have been clearly explained in the blog to fix the error. You can go through them to fix the error.
If Sage 50 error loading current company file issue still continues, then call on Toll-Free Sage Support Number.