QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that authorizes you to troubleshoot QuickBooks issues. It is also a tool integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions and is utilized to check and fix errors that occur in the Company file. You may use QB File Doctor in case you observe data damage or if you receive: 6000 errors that prevent you from opening the specific file.
QuickBooks File Doctor is a handy gadget to have in case you are experiencing real issues regarding the program itself.
If you are facing any issues opening QuickBooks company file or you come across 6000 series error while opening the company file, that’s the time to Resolve QuickBooks Data Damage and use File Doctor to prevent QuickBooks Company File Damages before they become unrecoverable. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool not only prevents the data damages but also help to resolve QuickBooks Network Issues basis the test results of QB File Doctor.
QuickBooks File Doctor can help to fix issues-
- Problems opening QuickBooks Company file and get any of the following QuickBooks error messages: Error 6150, QuickBooks Error -6000 -82, QuickBooks Error -6000 -305, QuickBooks Error -6000 -301, QuickBooks Error -6147or QuickBooks Error -6130 etc.
- If you can’t see or have blank or missing Customer List, vendors List or employee in your QuickBooks.
- Networking errors while opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user set up (H101, H202, H303, or H505 error)
- Totally damaged company files that will not open, but sample company files (or other files) are easily accessible.
In case, you experience any of the above-mentioned issues, then please download QuickBooks File Doctor to your device. In this way, after the installation is over, the program will automatically repair the damage inside your device.
Note key points before using QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you already have FIle Doctor in your device, then uninstall it before you download the latest version.
- QuickBooks versions released after 2015, have a QB File Doctor built into the program. Therefore, it is advisable to use the external QuickBooks FileDoctor rather than the internal tool.
- QuickBooks File Doctor functions well for fixing: QB error 6000 and damage that is preventing you from opening your company file. The use-case for the internal tool is more precise. In case the external File Doctor tool does not repair the damage, we recommend you to connect to our QuickBooks Error Support on when to make use of the Internal File Doctor and to understand compatibility and system requirements, limitations and how to use the built-in tool.
Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor
- QB File Doctor has become QuickBooks Built-in tool for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later and works with all QuickBooks Desktop for Windows versions. QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor earlier it was a different tool.
- QBFD tool is not compatible with any version of QuickBooks for MAC.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Built-in File Doctor for QB Desktop 2016 and later.
- QBFD stand-alone version (download latest QB File Doctor version from the internet). The stand-alone version is used from the server where only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component is installed for file hosting purposes.
Steps To Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Step 1: First of all, download QB File Doctor. Now, you have to open the “qbfd.exe file” and follow the instructions to install the tool.
Step 2: QB File Doctor will open automatically once it is installed on your system. If it doesn’t open itself, then go to the Start menu and open the tool or you can just click on the icon.
Step 3: Now search your company file from the drop-down list. You can also click on Browse to find the file manually.
Step 4: Next step is to choose the “Check file damage only” and then click on “Diagnose file” option.
- Choose check your file and network option if your company file is damaged or get 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) occurs.
- You need to choose to check your network option if you are using QB in a multi-user mode and receive H202, H303 or H505 error.
Step 5: Enter the Admin password when prompted. You will see an option to update your file to the latest version if you are using QuickBooks 2011 or older version.
Upgrading is optional, you can move further by clicking on “Next”. It is recommended not to upgrade QB version in the first attempt. You can update it once the repair is done.
Step 6: Finally, QB File Doctor will start repairing your files, this might take some time.
Step 7: If the repair is successfully done then you will get an option to open your repaired file directly from the tool. For users with multiple version of QuickBooks, the tool will ask which software version needs to be opened.
Step 8: QuickBooks File Doctor works magically and repaired all your damaged files and network errors.
Important: If the tool says that repair was unsuccessful, then try to open QB file doctor again and check if the problem is resolved.
After the diagnosis completes, you may reopen your file.
After it completes the repair and diagnosis process:
- Close QB File Doctor Tool.
- Whatever might the screens reflects, ensure to open and verify if the issue is still there?
Limitations of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- The prerequisite QuickBooks Company File size is lesser than 2GB.
- The internet connection was obligatory to upload the company file.
- Log-in as an Administrator.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t accurately work if you have several QuickBooks versions installed in a single computer.
- Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work on the computers installed with Database Server Manager Only (QuickBooks File Hosting Component).
Also Read: How to Create a QuickBooks Purchase Order?
Basic Information About Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
- It works in US, CA and UK versions of QuickBooks.
- It is used for file and data repair. For this purpose, it isn’t necessary to install QuickBooks.
- It is used for network and diagnosis repair.
- The built-in QBFD supports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2003-2012.
How to Use Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor?
Internal File Doctor detects the error and launches itself automatically. It has a simplified version; you only need to hit on Start option to run the tool and fix the issues. Rest of the selections are similar to the stand-alone File Doctor instructions.
- Launch QuickBooks without opening the company file.
- Click on the File Menu >>> Utilities >>> Repair File and Network Problems to launch QBFD.
- Click Browse and select the company file that needs diagnosis and Repair and clicks Open.
- Under the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu, select the type of fix you want your file to undergo and Next.
- Enter the Administrator user name and password for the company file when prompted then select Next.
- Try to open the file after the diagnosis and fix process ends.
Hopefully, with the help of the blog, you have got a complete understanding of what QuickBooks File Doctor is. Also, it has given you the step by step guidance on how to fix QuickBooks issues with QB doctor tool. Furthermore, note key points in the write-up will provide you the information on what you need to do before using the tool. The steps to use the tool will give you the knowledge of how you will use file Doctor more effectively. Besides, the blog has also covered, types of file doctor tool, disadvantages, and how to use built-in QuickBooks file doctor.
If you have more questions related to QuickBooks File Doctor, then feel free to dial Toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-899-5690.